cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off voice control

Cyanetta
Tuning in
  • How do I turn off the voice control function? I received some instructions from support earlier but they make no sense, I just don't have the options they say to choose. I don't know if I have a V6 or a 360 - not sure how to find out, nothing on the box or on my account details. 

My 8 year old discovered the function yesterday but it doesn't understand what he is saying and makes some very inappropriate suggestions. He was on YouTube and did a voice search for Lemurs and it thought he said **bleep** and showed suggested Videos! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Hi Cyanetta,

If your remote has the voice control button and the box works with it you definitely have a 360 box, V6 doesn't support voice control, unfortunately you can't turn the feature off as far as I know, it would be interesting to know what you have been told because I believe you have spoken to the offshore support who have either misunderstood or just told you something to get you off the phone.

This link will show the different remotes the 360 and V6 boxes look the same.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Superstar

Hi Cyanetta,

If your remote has the voice control button and the box works with it you definitely have a 360 box, V6 doesn't support voice control, unfortunately you can't turn the feature off as far as I know, it would be interesting to know what you have been told because I believe you have spoken to the offshore support who have either misunderstood or just told you something to get you off the phone.

This link will show the different remotes the 360 and V6 boxes look the same.

Screenshot_20230722_145009_com.android.chrome.jpg

 This is what I was told. Unfortunately I didn't try it until later, as it took so long to get a reply I wasn't at home by that time. Hoping Virgin will look at this, because the videos the voice control was suggesting for my son were disgusting, it was just lucky I was sat with him at the time, but he still saw the screenshots. 

Those instructions seem to be for a completely different device, such as a phone or tablet, seems like customer services just googled how to turn off voice control and copy/pasted the answer!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cyanetta,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just regarding this I can see that there is an accepted solution, has this been resolved?

Regards,

Kain

Cyanetta
Tuning in

No, because the answer seems to be that it can't be switched off. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A V6 runs TiVo-software and has the TiVo-logo in the top-right corner of the menu next to the video preview. It doesn't have voice control.

A TV360 has voice control baked into the Horizon software and it cannot be disabled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks