Menu
John_Cranmer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to record on one of two 360 boxes

My wife and I have a 360 box each and want to record different programs on each box.  However when looking at the saved program menu I can what I have caved is "cluttered" by what is on her box and vice versa.  It is possible to see only what I have recorded

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to record on one of two 360 boxes

I have seen this raised before in this forum. I believe the answer is to set up different profiles for yourself and your wife. You should then see options to control with recordings each profile sees.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings and planned recordings are shared between profiles. Watchlists and custom guide options are profile specific.

However for those with converted V6 boxes I believe there should be a way to set a recording to go to a specific box and you should also be able to filter the existing recordings to only those on the box you're using.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-Guide-and-recordings/m-p/4508556#M1531

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, I was just about to post a link to that thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos