cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pair Virgin TV 360 Remote to control TV

SJT9
Tuning in

Hi,

I have upgraded the software on my Virgin V6 boxes to Virgin TV 360 and received the new remotes. I am unsure how to setup the new remote to turn the TV on/off, adjust the volume etc. Can someone please advise?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It should do it itself automatically as part of the setup.

If it doesn't detect the TV you can do it manually via Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote to audio system 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks. It’s working now.

I was watching a program on the box downstairs and have just tried to continue watching it on the box upstairs, I expected it to be showing under “continue watching”, but it’s not, it’s asking me to watch it from the start. Is this correct? 

The second problem is it won’t play the recordings upstairs. The recordings are showing but when I try to play them on the box upstairs I get error message CS2200 with a message saying Failed to play recording. How do I fix this please? 

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SJT9, 

Rebooting the 360 may clear the CS2200 error message.

As to continue watching on another box - Info from watch-recordings-on-another-tv-box#360 

Watch a recorded show, or pause live TV to watch on another box

• If you’re watching a recorded show, press Stop – this will mark the point you want to resume in another room
  • If you’re watching on live TV, press Record – you can pick up where you left off in another room

Get yourself comfy, grab the remote and follow these steps.

1. Press My Shows

2. Scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of Virgin TV boxes you have connected

3. Select the Virgin TV box you want to watch from and press OK

4. Choose the show you want to watch and press OK

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Has anyone found a way to pair multiple remotes to the same tv360 box as the signal goes to multiple tvs with magic eyes - v6 boxes not an issue and worked perfectly- the new box is useless! 

Appreciate can use the app but not very user friendly

It just needs an update on the box to allow you to clone the current remote setting

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Currently you can only pair one v360 and one TV to each v360 remote there currently isnt an option to pair two TV's.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers ridiculous by virgin should be an easy software fix 

OK I give up. Where is the My Shows button I am told to press? I am new to this 360 lark and am far from impressed. My biggest problem is I cannot get rid of the message "You can use your remote to change the volume...." that appears on my screen every couple of minutes. At the moment neither can VM who are now sending me a new remote but I think that is a stalling tactic.