Menu
Robgill68
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to obtain a splitter for tv and broadband connection?

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I have had cable tv installed in my property since the days of cable and wireless.  Then I have lived through the rein of NTL and now virgin media, every time you update your kit you are never sent any new cable connections/cable etc. So when I installed my 360 service I have had to use the original cable wire connection now over 20+ years old and a splitter that looks like something from prehistoric times to split the link between the new modem and the cable box. I have tried phoning virgin numerous times trying to get hold of a new splitter like the one shown in there installation videos with no success. The people you talk to do not want to know and keep saying watch the online videos. Can anyone help me obtain one of these as I am sure it will increase and stabilise my broadband and tv connection which are no where near the promised speeds (giga broadband). Many thanks for any help with this.

Rob

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to obtain a splitter for tv and broadband connection?

Hi Robgill68

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear the cabling is still pre Virgin Media 

Easier way than sending you a splitter would to arrange an Technician to pop round fit one and give the services a once over 

Probably quicker as well than ordering a splitter, post etc 

So I can get this looked into 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L