Menu
Ripp
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How to make sure my recordings are HD? Am I missing something?

I'm new to Virgin TV and seem to be missing something. For examples sake say I want to record 'Would I Lie To you', I press the HOME button and use the SEARCH function to search for 'Would I Lie To You', when it pops up it tells me it's available on the 'Dave ja vu' channel, so I go to ALL EPISODES and click on the latest series (Series 14) which is available on all the BBC One channel variants (including BBC One HD), but when I select an episode in series 14 it defaults to recording it from BBC instead of BBC One HD, it tells me it's available from several sources including BBC One HD but it'll only actually record it from the non HD version of BBC One?

The only way I can seem to actually record the HD version from BBC One HD is to manually scroll through the guide to find the HD version on the BBC One HD channel and press RECORD from there and choose to record the whole series. This seems like a very long winded way and only works if I happen to know the exact day, time and channel a certain show is on so I can navigate to it manually in the guide and start the recording from there. 

Is there no way I can use the search function to find a show and then choose to record the HD version of it?

0 Kudos
Ripp
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to make sure my recordings are HD? Am I missing something?

I've had another look this morning and I still can't figure it out. I have to missing something surely?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is currently in the plans to be added they are looking to add similar recording functions as the TiVo software but no ETA on how long it will take.  We know its one of the main things they are working on. Lets hope its in the next update. so for now it will only record or series link from the channel you are on or have selected in the Guide.

0 Kudos
Ripp
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh I see, that seems like a massive oversight to me, such a simple feature. I'll have to manually find all my favourite shows in the guide then for now which pretty much renders the search function useless. 

0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you go to an episode of Would I Lie To You in the guide on BBC HD and then click record and choose series, it will record the series from that channel. Agreed, not as good a the TiVo way. 

0 Kudos
Ripp
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I figured that out, but that means manually finding everything on the guide rather than being able to search for it using the search function. Which means I have to know exactly when something is scheduled to be on in order to go find it on the guide. 

0 Kudos
Jaunty
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still not at good as Tivo and no Tivo  wish list but can’t you use search function and then go to the HD channel if one comes up under ‘all episodes’ and then hit record?

0 Kudos
Ripp
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's the point, when I go to 'all episodes' I can only choose to take the recording from one place, it defaults to BBC One (non HD). There are lots of symbols on any given episode showing that potentially it could be recorded from other channels including BBC One HD but there is no way that I can see of actually selecting any of those other sources to take the recording from. 

0 Kudos
lempsky
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They dont seem to care did the same with v6 roll out , they issue it half cocked,same again with 360 rolled out unfinished ,we never no real reason you would never buy something half built , we just have to learn the lesson with Virgin dont upgrade to new kit right away leave it a few months for them to finish it properly then upgrade , i made the same daft upgrade again to soon.

0 Kudos
Ripp
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well I didn't upgrade, I'm a new customer so had no choice on what box I had. 

0 Kudos