Menu
Foley5
Joining in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

How to fix error cs2217

How to fix above error?

Never been able to watch recordings on both boxes even though in the main profile.

Some HD recordings do not play either...

0 Kudos
Foley5
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: CS2217

I am also getting this error message. This is where I am trying to watch a recording from another box.

Also most BBC 1 HD recordings give the same error.

This has always been the case since the new boxes were installed. 

The error says to call VM but you can't get through.

I wonder what would happen if I stopped my DD payment??

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to fix error cs2217

Hi Foley5,

Sorry to see you are having issues. Looking at your post  on your other thread , you'll find if you stop the dd then VM will cut everything off and still charge you. They'll also add a £7.50 late payment fee for each payment missed. It could also affect your credit score.

Anyway, lets try and fix your issues.🤔

On both the main 360 and the mini (or second updated V6 if that's what you have) go into the settings and change both boxes to either Fast Start or Active Start if they aren't already on that, then try your recordings again. You might have to make a new recording and try that as well to see if it works.

Failing that try rebooting the 360's and test the recordings again. And if that fails, try a factory reset of both boxes, it only takes a few minutes. To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

When it reboots test the recordings again. If no change try making another (short) recording and test that.

Otherwise follow the advice for virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2217-contactus  and call VM and speak to Faults.

Before you do that though, have you signed into Check Service status at the top of this page?

It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the 360 boxes. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc,

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Foley5

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with your TV 360 service, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forum and welcome to the community.

From looking at your equipment and connection we can only see one of the boxes set up for TV 360, this may be due to the other box being switched off at the time of posting this. ON the box we can see there does appear to be some issues with the levels.

I've arranged a technician to visit on the 16th April between 12pm and 4pm, if you could let me know if there are any individuals shielding or if the appointment time isn't convenient.

Rob

Foley5
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rob

thank  you for your assistance in sending a Technician.  There will not be anyone in the house after 3pm, so it this can be rescheduled for earlier in the day that would be great.  Failing that, one day next week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Foley5, this was the earliest appointment available I'm afraid. I have rescheduled this to Monday 19th April between 8am and 12pm, if you could confirm if this is okay?

Rob

0 Kudos
Foley5
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Monday 19th April is great, thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, please let us know here how the visit goes and the outcome Foley5. In the meantime, enjoy your weekend 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Anyone having this CS2217 issue - please can you add the details to this thread  -   CS2217 

Might be able to get it progressed as I've had it for nearly six months.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Foley5
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rob

The engineer arrived and gave us a "mini" box as we had 2 main boxes, which is not correct.

We can now get our recorded HD programs to play back but the mini box that has been installed does not record as it says there is no hard drive.  It also does not connect to the main 360 box.

I have been waiting since Monday for an engineer to call and arrange a time next week to come back and I have even called Paz, the engineer who came on Monday to chase it up, but still nothing.

It seems that only by complaining on this forum does anything get done.

Can you escalate please.

0 Kudos