Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get 360 update from V6 and also netflix logon

endisforever
On our wavelength

Hi all

i just renewed my package and im getting 360 and Netflix

but there doesn't seem to be any info on how and when these will be updated in the documents,

i asked and they said they will send a remote out for the 360 and update it but how long does this take etc does it update before the remote but have limited functions or do you have to wait for the remotes 1st.

also how do i log onto Netflix there no information on this in the contract

thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Tavis75
Super solver

I believe you should get the remote first, an option will appear on the box to start the change, but it won't update automatically (at least for 5+ days), it's probably best to wait for the remote though.

Once the software change has gone through you will find you have limited functions but that's just because the 360 is missing a lot of functions compared to the V6\TiVo and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The remote is received first, you then have a short time to voluntarily click on "upgrade to 360 now" before it's done for you.

Make sure of watching all your recordings and making a note of any series-links before you convert, those will get wiped as part of the reformat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tavis75
Super solver

Though bear in mind you will need to hang on to the list of series links for a couple of years and remember to check the TV guide every week or two as on the 360 you can only set up series links for programs that are currently in the TV guide (so showing within the next week or two)

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @endisforever thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

You would have to wait to receive the remote control in order to perform the upgrade, as you wouldn't be able to use the box until you've received this.

Have you received tracking information since your post on here, as this may help with some of your questions?

Many thanks

Tom_W

hi all is good i have the remote and netflix password now thanks 

Hi endisforever, 

Thanks for popping back and letting us know. We're glad to hear all is sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs