cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to activate UHD sky sports?

urefos
Tuning in

I upgraded to UHD Sky Sports and received a confirmation email a week ago saying I'd get another email soon telling me when it would be activated. I haven't had any more emails and the channels are greyed out in the guide. Should I expect to wait longer, or has something gone wrong?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi urefos 

There are posts in the V6 and Manage Your Account forums from other customers that are still waiting.

It normally takes no longer than 7 days, however with it being  a special promotion the changes will need inputting manually which may explain the delay. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

urefos
Tuning in

Ok, thanks.

I'm still waiting too.

Bob44
On our wavelength

I waited a week and then called them...no record of my response to the email apparently. 

And now I have it sorted over the phone I'm sorry I bothered. Picture is poor...too dull...and a clear bug (as can be temporarily fixed in settings but reverts back to dull when change channels)

I always sing VM praises but this is poor.

roy247
Community elder

Hi urefos,

Same for me so I called today and spoke to retentions who added it straight away.

Hi @urefos 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are still waiting for your UHD Sky Sports activation. We want to do our best to help with this. Since posting, have you had any updates with our team? Has it been activated for you?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bob44
On our wavelength

Are VM doing anything about the bug that makes the menus and UHD feed on Sky Sports dull or are they continuing to ignore it and take the money?

Hi

Thanks, it has been activated. I didn't need to contact customer services.

Bob44 - strangely, I had the opposite problem, ie my menus and guide were unbearably bright in UHD. In my case, it was because the TV applied a different profile when it went into HDR mode - I had to customise the settings as I had with the SDR ones to get it looking as I wanted. 

What I'd really like, though, would be to stop the Virgin box upscaling the SD and HD content to 4K and let my TV do it.