cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change from V6 to 360?

AmyC87
Joining in

Hi all,

This morning I have spent 45 very frustrating minutes on the phone to 0345 454 1111 trying to arrange a switch over of my V6 box to 360. The first team I went through to said they couldn't action it after checking my account but promised to put me through to a team that could. I then spent the remainder of the call with this second team being insistent that I had to change my entire package (I am not interested in paying anymore money for my package at present) and that this section on the website:

AmyC87_0-1652949717592.png

Was purely for information purposes only and I had to upgrade my package. Is this true? Because that really isn't what that screenshot suggests I need to do? Needless to say I haven't upgraded my package as I ended the call feeling incredibly frustrated and without going any further. 

What do I actually need to do to action this? If I then click that 'Upgrade to Virgin TV 360' button' it doesn't take me through to anything and just loads a page that says that chat teams are available between 8am and 8pm but no chat bot boxes even pop up (hence my making a phone call). Can anyone help or explain what I need to do? I'm going round in circles.

5 REPLIES 5

deans6571
Wise owl

@AmyC87 wrote:

Hi all,

This morning I have spent 45 very frustrating minutes on the phone to 0345 454 1111 trying to arrange a switch over of my V6 box to 360. The first team I went through to said they couldn't action it after checking my account but promised to put me through to a team that could. I then spent the remainder of the call with this second team being insistent that I had to change my entire package (I am not interested in paying anymore money for my package at present) and that this section on the website:

AmyC87_0-1652949717592.png

Was purely for information purposes only and I had to upgrade my package. Is this true? Because that really isn't what that screenshot suggests I need to do? Needless to say I haven't upgraded my package as I ended the call feeling incredibly frustrated and without going any further. 

What do I actually need to do to action this? If I then click that 'Upgrade to Virgin TV 360' button' it doesn't take me through to anything and just loads a page that says that chat teams are available between 8am and 8pm but no chat bot boxes even pop up (hence my making a phone call). Can anyone help or explain what I need to do? I'm going round in circles.

I would firstly read through this forum CAREFULLY as there are numerous features you will lose when you switch to 360, so make sure you know what you are getting.

Hopefully someone else can direct you to the correct procedure to action your switch to 360 (remember - it is NOT an 'upgrade', its just different software).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Suggestions above are correct on 2 counts..

1: A conversion from TiVo/V6 > 360 could either be called an upgrade or a conversion - but the software is different. Some pros/some cons - plenty of threads elsewhere, I'm not starting another one.

2: Converting your TV software is a completely different thing to changing your package. Both can be done independently of each other, or together. Many people do both at the same time, but that's not a requirement.

Calling in is probably the (ultimately) easiest way of arranging this conversion. I'm fairly sure the online links do just provide a back-door into the CS process... but I've not used it in anger and don't plan to, so will defer to others there!! Perhaps try the "thinking of leaving us" option that should get a more experienced agent...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ive just upgraded to 360, it took me ages and several phone calls on 150 before the assistant could order up the upgrade package (new remote, new mini box) the first assistants couldn't do it, the computer wouldn't let them !!

make sure you watch the recordings you want to on the v6 before you upgrade as they disappear.

theres lots to do to set up new series links as you lose those too, the interface is so much better tho and being able to talk to it is great too, its just a matter of learning the new software, im slowly getting there lol.

AmyC87
Joining in

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for your answers. 

Eventually after playing around with the pages on the main virgin media site I got the Chat Box Bot pop up in the corner and after then agreeing to converse via Whatsapp I was able to get it sorted...... with no actual change to the package / cost! yay!

So now it's just fingers crossed that the new remote gets delivered and that I can follow the instructions to set it up (and of course make sure I've watched everything currently recorded on my box so as not to miss anything)

Hey AmyC87, I am very happy to see you got your upgrade processed. 

Regrading delivered of the remote we send it via Yodel and it can take 3-5 working days to arrive. 

Once you have got the remote the instructions will be in the box on how to set it up. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?