Menu
Stuartph
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I Upgrade to this new box?

Hello,

Who do I contact to upgrade to the new Virgin TV 360 box?

I currently have 2 Tivo boxes and request to upgrade both of them, possibly for free of charge.

I tried phoning the help number and got lost going through a minefield of menu options.

Is there an email address for customer services for direct contact?

Any help much appreciated.

I have been with Virginmedia for 5 years.

Thanks.

Stuart PH.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I Upgrade to this new box?

Information on migrating to V360, including the costs, are on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

Unless you're on "Ultimate Oomph", there will likely be costs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Stuartph wrote:

Hello,

Who do I contact to upgrade to the new Virgin TV 360 box?

I currently have 2 Tivo boxes and request to upgrade both of them, possibly for free of charge.

I tried phoning the help number and got lost going through a minefield of menu options.

Is there an email address for customer services for direct contact?

Any help much appreciated.

I have been with Virginmedia for 5 years.

Thanks.

Stuart PH.

I would REALLY take the time to read through the many posts on here regarding the 360, BEFORE you jump ship - it REALLY isn't an 'upgrade' and once you go forward, there's no coming back (its a one way trip)......

newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm perfectly happy with my regrade to the 360, and have had no problems with it.

It doesn't have all the same features or apps as the TIVO/V6, however posts indicate there will be system updates, and new apps once agreements are signed. TIVO  has a copyright on some features so they won't be making an appearance on the Horizon 360 platform.

I didn't make use of all the "bells & whistles" on the V6 so aren't really missing any functionality.

Your mileage may vary, but  I prefer the new interface and the voice control. It can take some people a bit of getting used to (am thinking about my sister, she's a bit of a luddite and can't even work freeview) but I soon picked it up. 

As Deans indicated there are a lot of posts from people who don't feel it's an upgrade, but I prefer to call it a regrade, rather like switching from IOS to android.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos