cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, my tv 360 boxes won't work.They won't turn on as if no power.

Alibabe
Tuning in

Been away for few days come back and now both 360 boxes are dead. Have tried everything,  changed plug fuses etc..

Virgin media site just says known issues in your area.

Been trying to fathom this out for about 3 days now and getting no where.

Can't fathom out how to get an engineer to come out as when I go on check my services in help section,  it just keeps saying known issue in your area, try again later . So I can't get any further.  Please help...Thanks in advance...

5 REPLIES 5

Alibabe
Tuning in

Both 360 boxes appear to have no power, checked fuses etc, unplugged left for few mins and then tried starting,  but nothing.

Internet site help is useless, click on repair tv box and it just , says known issue in area. Then nothing this has been ongoing for several days , and can't find a way of getting through to virgin on the website, just seems to keep sending me down dead ends every time...how hard can it be to arrange for an engineer to call...please help someone 

You can call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You might be caught in a catch 22 situation if there is a known area issue as they won't always send an engineer if there is a known issue, is it a TV problem or broadband issue.

Sound odd that both boxes or power supplies have died at the same time, if both boxes have no light on at all and you have also checked the switches on the rear of the box have you tried plugging something else into the mains socket to check that the circuit hasn't tripped out.

Thanks Roy, yes I've checked circuit and fuses, switched boxes off and on and nothing!?,  I was away at work last week, and believe we had thunder storm...

Will ring them, but had hoped I could do it online, as so busy don't have time to be in que on phone for ages...

Thanks again 🙂

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alibabe, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with both your 360 boxes. It's certainly a strange one in terms of how there is no power going to either of the boxes. 

Checking things this end, there is no open fault affecting the TV service so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Best time to phone is at 8am when they open if you can.

Looks like you have a response from the Forum Team on your other post 👍