Menu
fimcam
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help

I have moved in with my elderly father who has TV in his sitting room. I am having some renovations done at the front of the house to include my sitting room.

Can someone eexplain this to me like I am 5. How is this done?

Do you have to have a new long cable under the floor boards from one room to the other (front to back of house)? This seems like a lot of work, taking up floor boards etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

No that shouldn’t be needed, they will run a new cable from the brown box on the outside of your house to the new location…

although at the moment they are not doing any, what they call ‘non essential work’ at the moment, much to my annoyance as I also need a cable moving to the front room.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some good news for a change.

As per the following  Non-essential-visits  thread,

"We have received an update today, to say that we can now start to book in non-essential visits from today. 

Although we will be working through the backlog of orders at first but if you contact the team they will be able to look into this for you and book the visit.

Regards,

Steven_L"

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @fimcam

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding running a new cable to a new location.

Our engineers will be able to do this for you, however it is classed as non-essential work and therefore there is a £99 fee for the engineer call out.

We are currently working through a backlog on non-essential visit requests, but please let me know if you wish for us to book you in for a non-essential engineer visit.

Many thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos