cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Error Message

Chris19551
Joining in

I have Bee Experiencing Endless Problems With My TV And Broad Band Since April this Year I have had Six Engineer Visits Replacement Hubs I Have Hub 4 Replacement Boxes I have Two Tivo Boxes  Engineers can sometimes fix part of the problems but usually end up after a couple of days with same problems no Stream No Catch up No Record Broad Band failing or speed drops From 5 Mgbs To 450 Mgbs Speed at Hub 1145 Current Wi Fi speed 450 Can’t Stream even connecting Direct Ethernet to Tv if it does work Now No Sound Just Picture fails after a couple of Minutes The Latest Engineer Fitted New box and so called Upgrade to 360 on Thursday Friday the system failed and I have an error message on the screen that I can’t get rid of that prevents the ability to watch Tv Error Code CS9333 how can I get rid of the Error Message so we can watch the remaining services we have So fed up have been a Virgin Media Customer for Thirty Years Please Help I know there is an Area Fault but an Area fault for Six Months!!!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Chris19551
Joining in

I have Been Experiencing Problems with TV and Broadband Since April The problem Loss in Service Ie Catch up Streaming Programme Guide can’t Record Broad band suddenly drops out or drops to 5 Mbs I re boot remove filters sometimes it comes back I have Two Tivo Boxes The 1GB Broadband Package I have had Seven Engineer Visits New Boxes New Cables Inside and out Replacement Hub 4 Twice Works for 48 Hours Then goes again They Suggested 360 Ist insult Sent a Hub 3 Not Compatible could install if I wanted to as couldn’t access Apps EtcThursday Engineer came fitted another New Box Installed 360 Worked apart from Streaming Fitted Ethernet Cable To Stream Never had to do that before with Tivo Connected to Bose Life Style 650 Picture No Sound 24 Hours Later it’s failed again Can’t Record No Catch Up No Stream Plus Now Huge Fault Notice On Screen Error Code CS9333 Can’t get rid of Error message so can’t watch Remaining TV Services I have been a Virgin Customer for Thirty Years but I am so fed Up I know there is an Area Fault but they have used that Excuse From April how long does it take to Repair an Area Fault so far Six Months Speed to Hub 1145 Wireless speed 5Mbs to 480 Mbs please help clearing the error message would be a great start

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Chris19551 

I haven't seen the CS9333 errro code before.

Atre you sure it isn't CS9993?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9993 

"Sorry, some services are temporarily unavailable. We’re working hard to fix the issue, but live TV should still be working. Please try again later."

If it is CS9993 then it can actually be that there is no internet connection. Are other devices affected at that time? To check open a web page in any browser, and if displays an error message, it means that your modem is not connected to the Internet. Rebooting the modem often fixes that.  If the browser connection works then try rebooting the 360.

It can sometimes be due to a local issue,either maintenance work or disruptions occurring in your area.

When it happens look at Check service status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your reply I have I am afraid tried all those things as I said I am aware of the Area Fault but this has been blamed for my lack of functionality since April This Year The only device that gets the Error Message and as I said because you can only get the Error Message to disappear for Five seconds it’s impossible to watch TV before Migrating to 360 we could clear the Error Message and enjoy a reduced Service be it lots of functions and Streaming were not available The Hub 4 is Receiving 1145 Mgb And Wifeless we can achieve 450 Mgb it looks to me that the 360 is a retrograde step it’s not particularly user friendly and have ended up in a worse situation 

Chris19551
Joining in

Sorry meant to say it is CS9993 also get CS 9996 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to read of your continued issues Chris.

It does sound like you may need a new 360, however it may also be faulty or loose coaxial cables.

Double check that all of the connections are good and tight, especially the white coaxial.

Also make sure there are no kinks in the cabling, and if it's been attached to the skirting boards then check to see there are no staples going into the cabling.

Also make sure that the small white exnsion cable that goes into the back of the 360 isn't bent or kinked in any way.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris, just seen yuor reply about CS9996.

Error code CS9996 asks you to check that your ethernet cable is tightly connected, along with all the splitters and cabling.

Have you tried a  different ethernet cable connected to the 360?

Also try a wifi connection instead of an ethernet connection.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Many thanks for your Help I have tried a new Ethernet Cable same Problem occasionally by Switching to wireless and removing the Ethernet Cable the system works but as the Broad Band goes up and down we loose the connection and are always getting a message saying can’t connect unstable Network as I have younger people in the House Hold they go into apoplexy if the Internet isn’t reliable so I end up feeling unstable

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Chris,

You might be able to fine tune your broadband signal and make it stronger,  especially the wireless one.

Have you separated the SSID's in your hub to differentiate between 2.4G and 5G. 

The 2.4GHz band is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz, but often you don't need the extra speed, you just need a strong connection.

This section details how to separate the 2 bands if you haven't already done so:-

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 - then navigate to the following settings so you can differentiate between the signals.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal > click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then  click on Apply Changes. 

Now go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add a 2 to the end of the 2.4GHz Channel name, then further down add a 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name  and click on Apply Changes.

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.  Then log out of the hub at the top of the page

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

You could also do a search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub - this stops neighbours wifi slowing your connection down

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

New Appollo Thank you for your kind help I will certainly try and implement all those changes in the morning just off to friends now to watch strictly strangely they live three doors away have Virgin and are not experiencing any Outage.

I will let you know how I get on 

Chris