Menu
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Help! - Don't want this 360

As per the title I'm not happy with the TV service I had installed last month, I expected a V6 box which has the adequet features I need but had 360 forced upon me on install day.

Now I'm missing my shows due to full storage because the box has no filter for new or re-run shows that are broadcasting.

I hate that it don't do suggested recordings like TiVo software too.

My contract states V6, and I would say get me a V6 but those boxes are all destined for upgrade to V6 too, and from what I've seen the upgraded boxes have suffered somewhat with issues.

So I guess only sensible way forward is to have the service removed and re-negotiate contract.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! - Don't want this 360

Hello

To go back to the v6 you will have to call Customer Service and use the thinking of leaving service, as the boxes have been upgraded and cannoot be reverted back to Tivo software you will need new v6 boxes if there is any available as there was a shortage of v6.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Probably wasn't as clear to say this but "I've not upgraded from V6", this is a new account that was ordered with V6 but was installed with 360.

I'll give that a try if I don't get any response here.

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

you will prob not be able to get a V6 TiVo box  as all new installs are TV 360 only plus there are not many V6 boxes available

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I know and even if I get a V6 how long until it is also pushed the 360 update.

Which leaves me no option really other than to have the TV service pulled and go back to what I was using before.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

I know and even if I get a V6 how long until it is also pushed the 360 update.

VM have publicly said several times that there are no current plans for forced V6 > 360 migrations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No current plans easily turns to plans.. and say in 6 months plans change what then, I'm not looking to be stuck with a box or service for a further 12 months that isn't suitable

Right now, yes I'll take a V6 but I want some assurances from Virgin, or better they could give users some idea of if these issues will be fixed, ideally a timescale and also maybe setup a private forum for beta/testing./

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Are you currently able to leave penalty free ? If the box was installed last month you may find your stuck with what you have until the end of your contract.

Virgin are keen to not pay licensing fees for TiVo in the long term, I can’t see them being keen to add to the TiVo user base

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This is why I'm posting here. I have just passed the 30 day handback, and to be honest I've no interest in cancelling the other services.

I too feel Virgin will be wanting to move off the tivo platform fairly quick hence my concerns.

I wouldn't mind so much as the deals pretty good 'at the moment' but I do want faster broadband and increasing the broadband leads to a whopping £50+ increase to the monthly bill due to the way the deal has been applied so I'm feeling rather restricted by something thats not proving useful.

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Don’t know your current speed, but when I went from 100 to 200 (mid term of a retentions deal), it added only around £5

In my limited experience it’s upgrading the tv element which can affect the price the most. Perhaps your being offered an upgrade which includes a tv change too ?

0 Kudos