Menu
RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Harmony Remotes - the future is not looking good

Bad news for Harmony users... "Logitech has made the decision to discontinue manufacturing Harmony remotes"

Click here for Logitech Support Post 

Defector
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Harmony Remotes - the future is not looking good

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to buy one but I think I'll leave it given the news
0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have 1 as well as the hub that I used before I got sky and voice control, haven’t used it now for a couple of years..

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A user posted that they can program and use this one with the 360 one-for-all-evolve-2-urc7125-universal-remote-control 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thats bad news. Might have caused an argument with the wife when I bought one but to be able to reduce 7 remotes (TV, amp, PS3, Satellite Box, Virgin V6 box, Squeezebox and a Kodi box) down into one certainly made the lounge tidier (my response to the wife lol).

They did the same thing with the Squeezebox. In my eyes one of the best media streamers going. They bought the company and subsequently discontinued it. I suppose we have had 17 years as Logitech bought the company who used to manufacture the remote back in 2004.

There may be a little good news though. When they discontinued the Squeezebox range they continued the development of LMS (Logitech Media Server) which is the software the controllers link to for streaming. Reading the announcement I am not seeing the death of MyHarmony yet. Might see the price of the remotes drop. Maybe

Is the new TV360 remote supported by the way?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The 360 is compatible with the Harmony Remote - set it up as a Ziggo Mediabox Next

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
archercj
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you set it as Ziggo Mediabox Next if you are just updating the existing V6 box rather than be supplied with a new box?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have a V6 you get a software update and new remote, then you can set up your harmony remote too.

If you have a TIVO you will receive a 360 box, then you can set up your harmony remote too

Dave

0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I probably didnt ask the question right. Currently I have a V6 box which has the Tivo firmware plus the 'traditional' remote. Once the upgrade is done I still have a V6 box but new non Tivo firmware. And the new remote.

Will the Harmony software need changing i.e. to Ziggo rather than V6 or should it continue to work ok.

0 Kudos