Menu
Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HELP!

Feel like banging my head against a brick wall here!

I have just upgraded my account to include a second v6 box and VM360. As I have only ever had 1 TV box, I only have 1 access port. I understand that for my second box, an engineer needs to add a second cable. I also understand that VM are not doing this at the min. 

Anyway, I have just tried to have the software updated on my current box and they have now told me that they cannot do this until my second box is installed and they are going to send me the second box with Quickstart instructions so that I can set it up myself... 

Ive tried to explain that I don't think that this is a possibility as I do not have any cable but she is adamant that its very easy to do and the instructions will be with it. Is this correct? 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP!

The only way to do this by QuickStart would be to supply a splitter and require the second box to be split off the existing box co-ax or your broadband Hub co-ax.

It is correct that you can’t migrate your initial box to TV 360 until the second box has been installed because it sounds like this change has been ordered as a single order.

The only way to have avoided this would have been to migrate the first box initially then order the addition of the second box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You've mentioned V6 & 360 - by means of advice, whilst the boxes are the same hardware, in all other ways they are completely different platforms. I'm presuming then, that you've asked to migrate to 360 whilst also ordering a multiroom setup.

You're quite correct re the additional install being on-hold, and for as long as there's no coax point in the room you want the second box, that's not going to happen. I suspect it may depend which order was put through first, or whether VM's systems will even allow multiple orders.

There shouldn't be any issue with ordering a single-box migration from V6 > 360, but I have a horrid feeling the addition of multiroom into the equation may have complicated things.

This is one case where I think you're best waiting (a day or so) for the forum staff to pick this post up and advise where to go from here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks for the replies. I’m hoping the forum staff pick this up as they seem to be more knowledgable than the staff on the phone. 

It was ordered together, 360 migration along with multi-room. Annoyingly nobody mentioned that the multi room couldn’t actually he installed but that’s another matter. 

I’m accepting of the fact an engineer won’t come and install the second box but I don’t see how that stops the software on my current v6 box being updated. I am also very doubtful that I am going to be able to install the second box that is about to arrive despite how easy Customer Services say it is  😩

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It stops you doing it because it’s a single order that can’t be fulfilled until all elements are complete.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to add into the mix... if you migrate to 360 first, then the additional box will likely be a mini without the hard drive.

If you get the V6 additional ordered first, then both boxes will have hard drives.

Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That’s a fair point, I’m also doubting whether I actually want 360 or not! 
Second V6 box due to arrive tomorrow 😩

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whatever you decide, remember a migration to 360 is a one-way trip and for all intents, you can't revert.

0 Kudos
Plumbsafe
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

"Whatever you decide, remember a migration to 360 is a one-way trip and for all intents, you can't revert"

Not strictly true

Once your V6 is "upgraded" to TV 360 it cant be "downgraded" back to a V6 on Tivo this is correct, however you CAN go back to Tivo as I can attest to you just have to have new V6 boxes fitted.

All i can say is make dam sure you truly want TV360 as it is quite a task getting back to Tivo, trust me on this is took us 3-4 months and multiple calls including one from "GOD" ( tech level 2 ). Please please read through the multiple pages of malcontent others have voiced over this "upgrade"

0 Kudos