Menu
GatchP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD override on 360

Hi all, I am fed up with coming in to the missus watching SD TV, and upon looking I see there is supposed to be a HD override on the 360 boxes, however BBC1 (101) and channel 4 (104) show SD channels and further down the epg there is the HD version of the same channel.

Is there a way to hide these channels from the epg? So that we (she) is forced to watch the HD version?

TIA

G

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD override on 360

You could try doing it in Settings, Parental Controls, Lock channels, where other half would need to know the pin number to watch, the reason BBC1 is on 101 and 108 is because local news isn't shown in HD unless you are in London, similar reasons for channel 4 is they have regionalised advertising.

I don't think there is a way to remove them from the actual guide but l appreciate your problem, but my other half likes to watch BBC local news so not allowed to do anything.

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could always set up a profile, removing the SD channels?

Although she would probably type 101 😂

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @GatchP,

Thank you for your post regarding the HD override on your TV360 box Unfortunately the SD channels cannot be removed from the guide, apologies for the inconvenience. As @roy247 suggested, you could try locking the channels instead - then they would require a PIN to watch.

Serena

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Could always set up a profile, removing the SD channels?

Although she would probably type 101 😂

If you set up channels in a profile, they will renumber themselves based on the added order. So '1' becomes whatever is first in the list.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own