Menu
HydeTDS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Guide (epg) bug

Hi, new user here...

Think I've found a bug in the navigation of the epg. I have a profile channel list and cannot jump to channels numbered below 100.

So keying channel 1 into the number pad on the remote takes you to channel 100. Likewise, keying 01, or 001, also takes you to channel 100.

The only way you can select channels numbered less than 100 is to either use the up\down page jump keys or scroll channel by channel.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Guide (epg) bug

It's a known bug IIRC.  Fixed in v4.32 (can't find the post but it's somewhere in the forum!)

It was introduced in v4.31 - you could say "top" to go to the start of the guide or press the channel number to jump through the guide up until v4.31. Hopefully fixed for you when v4.32 hits your box!

paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi HydeTDS,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you are having issues changing to channels below 100 by inputting the number with the remote.

I have had a look at your account using the details fro you and cannot see any issues I cannot see any calls in regards to this, I can see you have more than one box is the channel issue happening on both boxes, did you also try the new batteries?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
HydeTDS
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Didn't see the point in raising a call ticket when this has been raised already as a bug.  To confirm the extent of it...

1. It doesn't matter where you are in the guide made up from your profile...

1a. Keying 1 only takes you to channel 100

1b. Keying 01 only takes you to channel 100

1c. Keying 001 only takes you to channel 100

2. Using voice control and saying 'Channel one', also takes you to channel 100

3. I suspect that keying anything below 100 will have the same bug as described above but I've not had time to test this thoroughly.  Likewise voice control for any channel less than 100 will have the same result as asking for 'Channel one'.

This is a fresh set-up and installation by one of your engineers and therefore I wouldn't have expected the batteries to be at fault, again, especially as this bug has been raised already.

I've also found another bug.  Unless you opt to delete a watched recording after the signalled end point for that programme that programme is then added to the 'Continue Watching' category.  IMHO, this is wrong.  If I say 'Delete' then do just that, don't then add it to some other view.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to confirm that this issue is present (and was introduced in) software version 4.31

If it's the same issue it only exhibits itself when navigating the guide (EPG).  It doesn't affect normal channel changing (i.e. pressing 1 will change the channel to channel 1) but only when trying to move within the EPG.  Similarly using voice within the guide saying "top" used to take you to channel 1 in the guide but now takes you to channe 100.

From what I understand from the thread linked above, this has been fixed in v4.32 (still waiting for it to land on my box so can't confirm)so I agree with you in that there's no point raising a ticket!! (I think @Paul_DN thought it was a channel change issue rather than a guide navigation issue.)