cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta acknowledge, TV 360 is distinctly improving

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

Well, just to prove that I've not been railing against TV 360 merely because it's different, I've got to admit that with each version (mine's at 4.37 now) the experience has improved, felt distinctly less rough around the edges.

For example, I'm not sure when Profiles got separate records of how much of recording had been watched but it's handy when more than one person are watching the same series at different speeds. It's a nice feature (though only the start of how I'd like to see Profiles used).

It's still short of the polished quality of TiVo (to remind, V6 is TiVo). Of all the changes which could close that gap, the ones I'd be most pleased to see are;

• On dialogues the default/preselected option should be the least "destructive" one.
    • e.g. on Delete this recording from storage? it should be Keep, not Delete; pressing OK without pausing to double check shouldn't result in an irrevocable loss of anything.
  • When scanning forwards or backwards through a recording;
    • Opposite direction button initially slows, rather than immediately changes direction.
    • Able to skip by some number of minutes.
  • Ability to restore recently deleted recordings (well, mark recordings as "deleted" and then remove that mark before they have to be really deleted).
  • Consider which recordings have been watched by which profiles when choosing which ones to delete automatically.
  • List scheduled recordings (not just what's upcoming in the EPG - the things it's waiting to appear in the EPG).

I dunno if there's any avenue for customers to upvote features when versions are being scoped?

22 REPLIES 22

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jimboy56 

I guess you mean like this, available on the Virgin TV Go app?

4B3E3BF4-E197-4DDA-95CB-652F92CFCB0F.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yeah, kinda - I noticed that a couple of days ago, you can only get 3 channels in so it needs a bit of scrolling still, would be nice to use a large screen to get as much visible as possible.

jimboy56
Dialled in

delete future recordings without deleting the series link - e.g. if you record all champions league games but want to delete one match you aren't interested in.