cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETTING NETFLEX UHD SERVICE

james1310
Tuning in

I'm having trouble with getting Netflix UHD service through my 360 box I can get UHD when I use the app on my TV but not through my 360 box I've had a Virginmedia engineer out but he could not resolve the problem and suggested I ask the question to the forum. He thinks it might be because I'm running through a cambridge soundbar although I get the UHD service through channel 228. Please can anyone help 

12 REPLIES 12

I've contacted the Cambrige support group, who are looking into it for me hopefully they will have the answer.

Hi james1310,

I would usually say connect the 360 to the soundbar and then soundbar to TV the way yours is but I have just read this article, maybe it's worth try their suggested way of connecting.

And then there are intermediate devices such as soundbars or receivers. These are neither source nor end devices. So for the HDMI element, it is important that these intermediate devices are more flexible. Source and end devices have components scaled to their overall capabilities, but intermediate devices should not set limitations; they must have enough HDMI bandwidth to let signals pass in unaltered form. That is why the first HDMI 2.1 receivers have been referred to as "defective" – let's see if it can be fixed. It is also one of the reasons why the new eARC feature of HDMI 2.1 encourages you to not let video signals pass through receivers or soundbars along the way; connect the player/console directly to the TV and return audio to receiver/soundbar via eARC.

Worth a try if you haven't tried already.

Roy

james1310
Tuning in

Hi, I have now resolved the problem. After getting in touch with the Cambridge support team, who told me to connect my TV directly to my 360 box and then connect my soundbar to the TV via the ARC connection on my soundbar. This worked, and now I can get Netflix through my 360 box in UHD.