cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GETTING NETFLEX UHD SERVICE

james1310
Tuning in

I'm having trouble with getting Netflix UHD service through my 360 box I can get UHD when I use the app on my TV but not through my 360 box I've had a Virginmedia engineer out but he could not resolve the problem and suggested I ask the question to the forum. He thinks it might be because I'm running through a cambridge soundbar although I get the UHD service through channel 228. Please can anyone help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

What's the 360 video out set to, does it show a 4K, 2160 option, if it's only showing 1080 the 360 is probably just downscaling the 228 UHD channel.

Quickest way to see if it's anything to do with your soundbar is just plug the 360 into the TV and see if that works and you get a 4K setting in the video out setting.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

What's the 360 video out set to, does it show a 4K, 2160 option, if it's only showing 1080 the 360 is probably just downscaling the 228 UHD channel.

Quickest way to see if it's anything to do with your soundbar is just plug the 360 into the TV and see if that works and you get a 4K setting in the video out setting.

I’d never use the apps from the box tbh. Tv should be better as it’s a direct feed and no hdmi connection. Only service I wouldn’t apply that to is Apple TV. The box beats the app on a tv.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @james1310,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Apologies for our delayed response. Is this issue with your Netflix service ongoing today? If so, have you tested it without the involvement of the soundbar you've mentioned to see if there's any improvement?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes, I've checked that, and it is the soundbar the soundbar is cambridge TVB V2, and according to the instructions, it has an ARC 4k pass through. 

@TALON1973 wrote:

I’d never use the apps from the box tbh. Tv should be better as it’s a direct feed and no hdmi connection.

Netflix from VM is superior compared with other sources as VM provides localised content delivered from its servers, meaning that the open internet is not used.

As for your soundbar: as it has three HDMI inputs you should connect the 360 to the soundbar, that way you get video including 4K and HDR passed through to the TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

How do you get Apple TV  via the 360 box?

VM does not have the Apple TV+ app on their boxes. You have several options, e.g. I can get the app on my Fire TV Stick 4k, and if you have one you just plug it into your soundbar and select the appropriate source, i.e. 360 or Fire TV Stick.

--

I've already got my 360 box connected directly to my soundbar, and then the arc connection of my soundbar connected to the arc connected of my TV and this as  not resolved.the problem, I still can't get UHD through my 360 box is there anybody got other suggestions of how to resolve this.

If you get UHD with a direct connection to the TV then the problem is the soundbar (assuming you are using high-speed HDMI cables). If this is the case I suggest contacting Cambridge or a user forum if one exists. Does the soundbar support HDCP 2.2?

--