Menu
Mancboy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

From oomph to ultimate oomph

Hi guys.

My last contract with VM was the 500 oomph bundle, with two boxes able to record.

My contract was coming to an end so seen about an upgrade to the 1gb version, we also asked for a 3rd box (was aware it would be a mini box) 

We were told the two V6 we have will just get a new remote which would be fine as we keep the record function on two boxes.

Engineer came today, had to change all boxes.
So it looks like one of them is an upgraded V6 box with the capability to record, and the other two are mini boxes which don't have ability to record.
Is there anything I can do as effectively this is a downgrade not an upgrade - I was sold on the basis two boxes would still be able to record.

Thanks
Chris.

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: From oomph to ultimate oomph

If now you don't think it's a upgrade just wait intill you test the 360 software.  

Both box's do record   turn box's on fast boot.

What price did you get?  You have the sim card yet? 

0 Kudos
Mancboy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The software is installed now. It's not too bad, as I said - it has just taken away the ability to record in one of the bedrooms - which before hand, I was able to do.

I have the sim card but I don't use it (I'm with another network contract) 

The bundle I was originally on was 89pm and going to 143, so I seen the 360 offer and with 3 boxes in total 105pm

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If your wanted to you can keep your number and put it on the virgin sim.

Both box's can record they share the hard drive on the bigger box.  But if the box's are in eco mode the smaller one can't.   Putting the box's in fast mode seams to work OK.. Or active start. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you now have 3 boxes and 2 are mini boxes you can only record on the main box, you can set and watch recordings on the mini boxes but the recordings are on the main box. As swf said you need to have all boxes set to fast start or active start so the mini's can wake up the main box if it's in standby.

0 Kudos
Mancboy1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replies guys.

With the sim, I do intend to transfer the number once my current sim only is finished. 

I've just set a recording upstairs, so am i right in thinking it will appear in 'saved' on the box, but when I come to play it - it will be pulling it from the HDD downstairs.?

If so, in reality all that's lost is the storage from number 2 box?

If that's it, then it's not that much of an issue.

What happens in regards to pausing live TV on these smaller boxes? 

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you pause live TV on a mini box you have about 4 minutes of pause as it just buffers it, if you want to pause for longer you need to press record so it records on the main box, this is just the same as if you want to continue watching in another room.

The big downside is how much you used to record if you had 2 V6 boxes with 1TB each, you now only have 1TB of storage in total.

0 Kudos
Mancboy1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I'll contact and see if I can get another V6 box with the new software as my second box.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mancboy1,

Have you been able to get the 2nd box to work? Are you looking to add another [a 4th] box? SWF and Roy247 are right that you shouldn't need a V6 to be able to record.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos