cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing on YouTube

Waspy666
Joining in

Whenever my sons try to watch YouTube on the box after a while it comes off YouTube and freezes on the last recorded program we watched with a spinning circle. 

Only way to come off this is to turn the box off at the switch and reset it. 

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Many thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Waspy666.

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with the YouTube on your TV, please can you reboot your TV box and your hub and let me know, if that helps at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, 

I have tried this a few times now (especially rebooting the hub as I can't do anything when it freezes) but it is still having the same issue.

Many thanks 

Hi @Waspy666,

Thanks for trying the reboot. 

Is it just freezing on YouTube?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

Yes only ever does it on YouTube every so often. 

Thanks 

Hi Waspy666,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your 360 YouTube app, I am sorry if it's a little frustrating for you and your Son!

Can I ask what setting you have on your Box's standby timer? You can choose either 5, 6 or 24 hours until the box goes into standby mode. 

I'm thinking the issue may occur at the time when the box tries to go into standby, let me know if the times correlate with when the issue occurs 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

Mine is doing the same, please see my post.

When on YouTube or Disney+ the 360 box starts randomly playing the last streamed/recorded thing. The only way to exit is to unplug the box and plug it back in after.

Hi, 

Standby time is set to 4 hours but it's definitely not that as it hasn't been idle for that long when this happens. Always been less than 30mins. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Waspy666, thank you for checking this and for the reply back.

Sorry to see the issues persist, have you noticed any error message or code coming up on the screen when this happens?

Also, after a reboot on the TV box, does the same happen again as soon as you start watching YouTube/Disney+?
Is it a problem sometimes or each an every time you attempt to play something on these Apps?

Can you describe what happens when you try using the remote controller to switch back to the App after it freezes and takes you to whatever was streamed previously?
Do the buttons respond and do you get any lights on the controller or TV box coming on/flashing, any sounds/noises or other indications when pressing the remote buttons?

Please, share more with us and we'll do our best to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Waspy666,

I think the YouTube app was updated at some point looking at the music menu's, have you tried signing out of YouTube and signing in again, if that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

Go to Settings > System > Factory Reset

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choosing Keep Recordings, means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.