cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fizzy tv

gamerthevaper
On our wavelength

Ever since I've had the virgin TV package I get fizzy and no  sound on the TV till I've turned TV box off and on again a few times.

I've had virgin TV package since January of this year and while the broadband has been brilliant I won't deny that the TV issue is doing my head.

Today's the last straw of turning the TV box on and off for up to 5 minutes till I got a clear picture with sound.

I've changed the HDMI cable. I've moved the HDMI to different slots.im changed to TV box to use wi-fi then back ethernet incase it was that. The virgin TV is in am area where it's out in the open so won't overheat.

I've changed settings on TV and TV box for settings related to HDMI and back still doesn't fix the issue.

I have no issues with Any other devices that use TV and the TV is Brand new I bought it at same time as getting virgin TV.

Best way I can discribe it is when you tuned in the your TV back in the day with an Arial and you nearly got the channel with fragments of sounds and lines going down it before you got to the channel signal to display it properly.

Can someone from virgin media please get in touch and help sort this out as it really starting to pee me off now 6 months the down and getting worse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @gamerthevaper.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you perhaps post a picture of the problem you're having? It may help.

If you're describing pixellation and/or picture breakup, that's often symptomatic of poor TV signal. You also make reference to WiFi, but your internet connection is only relevant for OnDemand & streaming, not live TV.

Live TV & OnDemand/streaming is carried to your box differently, and issues on each would have different causes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

• Screenshot_20210719-115212_compress78.jpg

 i would upload a video of it was possible. Had to resize the photo due to 1mg limit. This is the picture I get with flickering and sound is breaking.

Hey @gamerthevaper,

Thanks for taking the time to post your TV issues on our forums, 

I'm sorry that you are having issues with what appears to be pixelation on your TV picture.

Are the issues that you're having with live TV, recordings, on demand or is it all them?

Please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket?

Regards,

Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are there any other HDMI devices you can try that use HDCP (encrypted output)? The fact that you are seeing a correctly decoded picture would suggest the Virgin box is working correctly. If it wasn't or the HDCP handshake was incorrect you would see white noise & nothing else.

The fact you are seeing white noise AND a correctly decoded picture suggests to me this may be a fault with the TV set.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have had same issues with our old 40" hdtv we sold day after getting the virgin TV, and I even tested with my son 21" hdtv a few weeks back and same issue. As I said in post before TV is brand-new and having tested with multiple TVs, HDMI leads etc this is what I get nearly every morning I turn on the virgin TV box. Sometime I get lines down the TV screen aswel as above. 

To me it seems like the virgin TV box doesn't want to work properly till it's heated up and been turned on an off multiple times

Thanks for coming back to us @gamerthevaper.

I have ran some further checks on your equipment and our system has advised that a technician visit would need to be booked to resolve the issues.

I can get this booked in here but we would need to confirm a few details via private message, which I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for my private message and  we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @gamerthevaper.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

You're very welcome @gamerthevaper and please let us know how the visit goes, if you get chance to do so. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Engineer came today and sorted out the issue.

It was the cable that came with my self setup box. He put a whole new cable in tacked it to the wall for me and reset TV and internet box and hay presto no more issues with the TV box.

Thank you for you help great service