cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Setup of Tv V6 Box

L_Crocket
Tuning in

I received my quick install kit today from Virgin after just recently moving into a new property.

The WiFi has been setup fine with no issues but the V6 box has been looped on the ‘welcome’ screen for the past 4 hours, I have tried turning the box off and leaving it for a few minutes to then turn back on, but still seems to be doing the same thing.

Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@L_Crocket  I've moved your post to the V6 board, but....

Are you sure you have a V6 and not a 360? All new TV installs are to 360 these days... if you're not sure, check here 

Regardless of that, all VM TV boxes need 2 connections. 1: The co-ax cable carrying the live TV feed, 2: Internet connection (via your homehub - either wired or wireless) for OnDemand, streaming & updates. Are both of these present?

If the TV box (360 or V6) won't bootup, something's not right somewhere and it may be faulty. You need to check both connections are present as above, first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you @jappits, I have just checked and it is a 360 box, all the connections are definitely there so maybe it is a faulty box? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post moved to 360 board.

This is likely to either be a faulty box, or possibly an activation issue. I'd expect different behaviour from an activation issue, but you never know...

If I were you I'd call Virgin first thing. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Forum staff might take a day or so to respond, and that could push you into the weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Did you get a text to reply to when you were ready to install, if you didn't I think if you phone 150 from a Virgin phone one of the options is to activate, maybe a sob menu from tv problems.

No I didn’t get any text to reply to activate the box? I don’t have a virgin media phone is there a number call to do this through that

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per my previous reply, 0345 4541111 from any working phone. Landline rates.

Probably best choosing the fault options.

Give the 0345 4541111 japitts gave you and there is an option to activate.

There is or was an option to activate somewhere under TV problems.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is an activation issue then you need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from a non VM phone Dialling the 0345 may be the best avenue to explore as if it isn't an activation issue they can perform tests and if necessary either send out a replacement box or organise a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi L_Crocket

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the confusion over the install. From checking the system I can see we're sending you a tech out to solve this.

This can be tracked in your online account 

Do let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill