cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade for 360 ??

davidjill2018
Dialled in

Any news on firmware update to resolve lip sync issues ? Ours still faulty since install. How can Virgin claim 5.1 compatible when engineers tells you to turn off Dolby to resolve lip sync issues? 
Given hardware was originally a V6 with never an issue it’s not hardware so must be software or firmware issue? 
The other annoying issue is black screen no sound at least 3 times for a few seconds every time switched on after 20-30 minutes 

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues with sound synchronisation on your TV 360 @davidjill2018.

We are unable to provide details regarding a firmware update for TV 360 however we want to best help. Just to clarify, are you having issues without the soundbar connected? Does this occur on live TV or on-demand?

Also with the black screen, does this occur after a box reboot as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 or after stand by?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I will restart box again but this is a new box and has been reset before.

The sound sync is a known issue, all my equipment works fine using download tv or direct DVD etc when connected to Virgin media box sync issues are immediately obvious on all channels live or recorded. The only way to rectify is to disable Dolby Sound Processing in the settings menu. Even if set to follow content there are still issues. These issues DID NOT exist when the box was a V6 machine set up with same external equipment, TV and sound bar etc.

MY account is due for renewal and I really do not want to pay for TV that is outdated and wont work with surround sound etc etc 

So I need my account reset and converted back to V6 or confirmation of a fix for the issue once and for all.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davidjill2018 

When using a soundbar you could try fibre optic straight from the 360 to your soundbar, and set dolby to follow content.

If you do this, connect the 360 to TV HDMI connector without ARC.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I shouldn't need to purchase additional cables and route differently and go backwards in technology it all worked perfectly as a V6 and the additional equipment was bought with ARC in mind So that we can utilise Hi Res audio on Bluetooth etc which optical just can't pass

As mentioned before it ALL worked fine before Virgin "upgraded" account to 360