cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite actor feature

johncolm
Tuning in

I've recently moved across from V6 to 360. I like the new boxes but one feature which appears to be missing is the ability for the box to automatically record films/programmes for particular actors/film series etc.  For example, you could add a search for 'James Bond', and your V6 box would automatically record Bond movies regardless of when or which channel they were shown on.  Similarly, you could set up a favourite actor search, eg 'Peter Cushing', and the box would automatically record any films/programmes he was in.  

Has this feature now been removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johncolm 

Though TV 360 doesn’t have TiVo’s WishList feature, the Watchlist is basically a glorified bookmarks manager – it helps you remember things you want to watch, and it gives you a shortcut for the actual watching.

You could voice search and save ‘Movies with… (your favourite actor)’ for later on your Watchlist.

You can search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) select the item you want, then press the contextual key (3 dots) on your 360 remote.  This brings up a sub menu. Info and Add to Watch list. Highlight Add to Watch list and press OK.

If you see a future programme or film on the TV guide you’re interested in then you can add it to your Watchlist, which means one of two things:

1. If it’s available for streaming right now, either on one of the 3rd party streaming apps (like BBC iPlayer) or on Virgin Media’s own Catch-Up service – you can simply jump ahead and watch it.

2. If the show becomes available to watch in the future, it will wait for you on your Watchlist, and you’ll be able to stream it if and when it’s available.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johncolm 

Though TV 360 doesn’t have TiVo’s WishList feature, the Watchlist is basically a glorified bookmarks manager – it helps you remember things you want to watch, and it gives you a shortcut for the actual watching.

You could voice search and save ‘Movies with… (your favourite actor)’ for later on your Watchlist.

You can search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) select the item you want, then press the contextual key (3 dots) on your 360 remote.  This brings up a sub menu. Info and Add to Watch list. Highlight Add to Watch list and press OK.

If you see a future programme or film on the TV guide you’re interested in then you can add it to your Watchlist, which means one of two things:

1. If it’s available for streaming right now, either on one of the 3rd party streaming apps (like BBC iPlayer) or on Virgin Media’s own Catch-Up service – you can simply jump ahead and watch it.

2. If the show becomes available to watch in the future, it will wait for you on your Watchlist, and you’ll be able to stream it if and when it’s available.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tavis75
Super solver

Yes, this is one of the many features missing from the 360 box compared to the V6\TiVo, it is also a TiVo patent, so it is unlikely to appear on the 360 in the future. The watchlist sometimes gets mentioned as a replacement but that is a far more basic system and requires searching for everything you're interested in every couple of weeks, unlike Wishlists that you just need to set up once and which are incredibly powerful, especially when you start adding multiple keywords and exclusion keywords.

Some of the other missing features are as follows; undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.