Menu
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Failed recordings

Anyone else had failed recordings, I had 2 programmes set to record tonight and both failed, not sure if has anything to do with the tvgo app saying had updated....

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed recordings

Recorded Champions league football tonight with no problems but didn't use the tvgo app to set them.

Did you get an error on the recordings ?

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No error messages just recording failed, I set 99% of mine via the app with no problems, I tested again recording something after that and recorded fine,  maybe a glitch, I’ll see if my programmes record tonight whilst I watch the Borough match 😄

Also when I stop a recording that I no longer need recording partial way through and then delete it, later on it then still appears in my recordings list, never did this on the TiVo box...

also any idea on a timescale for a setting to record ‘new’ only..

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the issue yesterday, i thought it might have been something to do with the outages so I rebooted both boxes and programs are now recording again

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

"Also when I stop a recording that I no longer need recording partial way through and then delete it, later on it then still appears in my recordings list, never did this on the TiVo box..."

I think this is a feature of the 360, it seems if a program has started and you decide to record it in your save programs it will show as a partial recording, if you check on the TV guide if the program is repeated it will show as a planned recording. You then need to delete that planned recording. This maybe is what happened with you.

"also any idea on a timescale for a setting to record ‘new’ only.." 

Wish I did, you will need an answer from Virgin on that one.

0 Kudos
emadej
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Did you try factory reset?
What the results on diagnostics screen?
0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

this might also be something to do with the 4.28 bugs with the old V6 boxes that we are having possibly

0 Kudos