cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every channel blank apart from channel 4

Knill
Joining in

Have had this problem ever since I connected my box and nobody at Virgin is seeming to help. 

Everything else on the virgin box works, can watch on demand, can see TV guide, can do everything apart from watch live TV unless its channel 4, every other channel is blank with no sound

Have phoned twice, wasting a hour of my time and now have been told to wait 48 hours and call back if it’s still not working. Extremely frustrating as a new customer to just be left like this without anybody helping 

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting your TV360?

Do you get any error codes/messages onscreen?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No errors at all, I have tried restarting it and I’ve ran diagnostics that says there’s 0 issues

virgin guy also ran something from his end that restarted my box a bunch of times and that did nothing

here a video of what it does - https://youtube.com/shorts/xKsHFDKVhIM?feature=share

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you're using the master box here (with the hard drive), what happens if you pause the live channel and try to watch slightly delayed? I don't think for a minute it'll make any difference, but something to rule out.

Also to confirm - do you get this problem on either ITV-HD (103) or ITV+1 (114)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Nothing happens when I pause 

every single channel (well the 100 I went through) apart from channel 4 is blank

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this channel 4 SD (104 outside London)?

If it is, this is the only unencrypted channel on the network. Therefore the box is either not provisioned properly or is faulty.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Yep that’s correct, only 104 

Is there anything I could do or would I need a technician? 
How come a member on the forum has been more help than the 5 people from Virgin Media that I have spoke to? 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Knill wrote:

Yep that’s correct, only 104 

Is there anything I could do or would I need a technician? 
How come a member on the forum has been more help than the 5 people from Virgin Media that I have spoke to? 

I don’t have 360, as I have not decided to upgrade. But the TiVO platform I’m on would normally give an error code if it’s not provisioned. Therefore I would say this is more likely a faulty box & a tech visit would be required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

It's as if the box is not activated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Knill, thanks for your post and really sorry to hear about this issue with your live channels and that we haven't been able to resolve this for you over your previous calls.

I am eager to assist further with this, should you still need our help with it.
For this, I will send you a PM shortly, please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs