cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport 4K

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a heads up for those that enjoy their tennis.

Eurosport 4K has been added added to channel 523 for the French Open Tennis.

There are a few other programs listed on the same channel, although i don't know if they will also be in 4K.

The tennis ends on Sunday 5th June, although EPG lisitngs continue as  far as mine goes, until 7th June. I think the 4K channel will be removed once the tennis ends.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM has been broadcasting Eurosport's French Open tennis since 2018 in 4K and HDR (HLG version) from the Philippe-Chatrier court. I've been watching a bit today.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Roger_Gooner 

I appreciate your reply and concur it's been broadcasting in 4K on VM since 2018 😃

I only posted because although the 4K channel was available in other European countries for this years French Open tennis prior to today, it's only just been added for VM customers, and a lot may have been unaware unless just scrolling and discovering it via the EPG. 

I've just checked and it was available to Sky customers from Monday 23rd, so VM were slow out of the blocks this time.

I can confirm the good news that along with the 4K it's also in HLG and HDR formats on my TV too.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ozsat
Superstar

And it is back again for the next two weeks - channel 523

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5