cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet for TV viewing

sativa
Tuning in

Hi,

I currently have a TV with an ethernet socket, and the Virgin 360 with an Ethernet socket, and only 1 spare ethernet cable from the router.

Is it preferable to connect the Virgin box (rather than the TV) with the ethernet cable? It seems to me the actual TV won't need to be connected since all of our viewing is via the Virgin box?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you intend to use the smart features of the TV, I would connect this via WiFi to the hub. Most TV manufacturers send out updates of the TV firmware occasionally, but if you are not using it for anything else then use the Ethernet for the V360.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you intend to use the smart features of the TV, I would connect this via WiFi to the hub. Most TV manufacturers send out updates of the TV firmware occasionally, but if you are not using it for anything else then use the Ethernet for the V360.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks