cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in 360 FAQ on VM site

Tavis75
Super solver

I've just noticed that Virgin's page about the 360 box ( Virgin TV 360 Box | Multi-Screen Streaming | Virgin Media ) states this:

"You can record six shows while watching a seventh on the 360 box. That’s twice as many as the old V6 boxes. With a whopping 1TB of storage space, you’ll have room for up to 500 hours of shows in standard definition or 100 hours in HD."

The V6 box will also record six shows at once (or 12/18/24 if you have 2-4 boxes), unlike the 360 which is limited to 6 regardless of the number of boxes you have, this is misleading and should probably be updated. Possibly it is meant to refer to the old TiVo box.

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tavis75 wrote:

The V6 box will also record six shows at once (or 12/18/24 if you have 2-4 boxes), unlike the 360 which is limited to 6 regardless of the number of boxes you have, this is misleading and should probably be updated. Possibly it is meant to refer to the old TiVo box.

I agree that the "twice as many recordings" comparison relates to the older TiVo boxes.

Just to expand  on the section of your message that I've highlighted in the quote though, admitedly new customers will only receive one main 360 box, however I, and other multi V6 box users that took the upgrade option from V6 (TiVo) to 360 (Horizon) have two main 360 boxes so I can record 12 shows at once. That will probably change going forward if one of the boxes develops a fault that can't be fixed as it will be swapped out for a mini box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali