Menu
Carlblake01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Error code

Can anybody help. I have just received an unsolicited 360 box and having spent over 2 hours to customer services who tried twice to connect me to tech support I am no further on. 

I have the error code cs1010 so can’t use it. 

the customer service also could not advise why the mini box was missing but I had two remote controls 

anyway how can I fix it if I can not get through to technical support?

can anybody help?

thank you

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code

Looks like your box hasn't been activated, did you receive an activation text to reply to when you were ready to change boxes ?

0 Kudos
Carlblake01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi. No I didn’t receive any text just the notification they yodel would be delivering. 

Is there any other way to get an activation code as it’s almost impossible to speak to customers services  and for some reason after my first 45 minute call they hadn’t realised that

thank you 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You could try this I found it on another post,

Try option 3 (activate a new service) when calling and not option 2 (faults).  You'll need the serial number of the box (from the sticker on the bottom).

Failing that you will have to speak to someone.

0 Kudos
Carlblake01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will try this. However I have since found that my old V6 box has updated itself to the software that is supposed to come with the 360 box. 

so I’m now sat watching on the old box using the 360 remote control fully and the 360 box itself  is on the floor still unable to connect. 

no idea how this has happened, it makes me wonder exactly what the point of the new box is, everything on the new remote works, including voice searching...

0 Kudos
Carlblake01
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello again. So my confusion has just got a lot worse. 

the box I received today said it was the 360 box but there were no instructions with it and two remote controls. the box that arrived was very slim, half the size of the v6 box I correctly have. 

so I tried and tried to install but it wouldn’t work so disconnected it anx reconnected my V6 which then went on to update itself with the new software, including the new guide and voice control over the remote. 

I decided to search for the manual online and found that what I had received was not a 360 box but just the mini box. So it would appear I haven’t received a 360 box at all, just the mini one which obviously wouldn’t set up as a main box. 

I have no idea what to do now as I have a mini box and two remotes but no 360 box and a V 6 box which for all intents and purposes functions like a 360. 

im baffled now. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Glad to hear something is working, I would stick with what you have working for now, if you change boxes and the 360 box doesn't activate correctly it may deactivate the V6 boxes and leave you with nothing.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mini box has no hard drive and will only work with a 360 main box.

0 Kudos
Carlblake01
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So I appear to have only received a mini box and 2 remote controls, there is no 360 box in the box received. 

I only realised when I looked at the online manual, my first thought was the mini box was the updated and smaller version of the V6 box. 

havent a clue why I would only get half a package, and a fairly big box it was as well. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It seems like you wanted to move from a single V6 to a situation where you have a TV 360 box, running Horizon 4, and a minibox.

It would appear that is exactly what you have as your existing V6 has been ‘migrated’ to the Horizon 4 software and is now effectively a TV 360.

Have you tried connecting the minibox to the co-ax and internet and powering it up?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos