Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error MA1/4/40

Bolehill
Dialled in

Hi,

I've received my upgrade package via Yodel:

The installation of the router worked after a call to 150, but the upgrade of the V6 box is proving very problematic.  Before clicking the link to upgrade the software, I cleared out all the recorded programmes, and took photos of all our series links as I knew these would be lost.

I actioned the upgrade via the 'home' screen link and after less than a second, the box reported the error code MA1/4/40 and that I should try again later...

After trying again (and again) later, the error message stayed the same.  Re-booted the box, and same again.  Left the box switched off for half an hour (as advised by others in this form), with the same result.

Called 150 and spoke to someone who promised to call back later with the solution, but they never called back.

Not sure what to do next.  Anyone have any advice please

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Firstly, thanks to all for the support.  Good to know that people who are prepared to help are out there when you need them!

Secondly, apologies for the late reply.  We've been away and didn't want to advertise the fact. I'd dropped the portcullis and left the drawbridge up before we set off on holiday, but you never know...

Once we got back, I woke the box from standby and tried the upgrade.  The same error code was still being reported.  I tried a full reboot and kept my fingers crossed, which turned out to be insufficient.  Final throw of the dice was a full reset of the Tivo software and then try the upgrade - which worked.  Phew.

My missus is now giving me grief because the UI is different.  This will go on for a few more days, so Mission Accomplished Virgin!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

This is a rare error, but generally it means your box is incorrectly set up on VM systems  and this is usually resolved by 2nd line support.  Hopefully the agent yuo spoke to contacted that team.

You've tried the normal workarounds eg deleting your recordings, switching off at the wall for ten minutes. The only other thing I would suggest is connect your V6 via ethernet cable if it isn't already and try again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave,

The V6 box and router are a long way apart, so a direct cat 6 cable is difficult.  The box is connected via powerline at the moment.  It might be an idea to try wireless instead 🤔

Chris

Same result!

The promised return call never happened.

If I need level 2 support, how do I go about receiving this?  I did tell the agent yesterday that there may be an issue with the account, but clearly this has fallen on deaf ears.

Chris

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bolehill

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about this mishap with your services.

This has been staged to our second line team and I've checked on our systems to make sure that's been staged over to them correctly. The team will investigate the account and be sure to be back in touch as soon as they can regarding this, this should be within the next couple of days.

Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for intervening and for your support Travis_M

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bolehill,

Thank you for coming back to us. If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Firstly, thanks to all for the support.  Good to know that people who are prepared to help are out there when you need them!

Secondly, apologies for the late reply.  We've been away and didn't want to advertise the fact. I'd dropped the portcullis and left the drawbridge up before we set off on holiday, but you never know...

Once we got back, I woke the box from standby and tried the upgrade.  The same error code was still being reported.  I tried a full reboot and kept my fingers crossed, which turned out to be insufficient.  Final throw of the dice was a full reset of the Tivo software and then try the upgrade - which worked.  Phew.

My missus is now giving me grief because the UI is different.  This will go on for a few more days, so Mission Accomplished Virgin!

Hi!

I am currently having the same issue, with that faukt and nothing seems to be working. I have spoken to Virgin but got little help to be honest.

I have unplugged at the wall, deleted recordings, all to no avail.

When you say you did a full reset, do you mean the "clear and delete everything" Option in settings? This is my last resort, but was unsure what it actually did.

Thank you in advance