cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error CS2204, once again let down when upgrading to Virgin TV this time

Ian916
Joining in

Self installed the TV box, no cable adaptor provided, - but I do not want to use the TV via the coaxial connection on the wall, - I cannot get freeview where I live. I want to use it via broadband ethernet cable which is connected to the Virgin router. All I get is the Virgin TV box menu but error CS2004.

PLEASE HELP. I was a month without phone line waiting for you.

5 REPLIES 5

Ian916
Joining in

To clarify:
Do you have to have a coaxial connector from the wall (roof aerial) to the Virgin TV box or will just the ethernet cable work? 
If the ethernet cable alone will work why am I getting this error message and cannot see any TV?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ian916 

Which package did you sign up for ?

You've posted in the 360 forum, so I'm assuming you've registered for one of the bundles that include the 360 box.

All 360 boxes require  connecting to the coaxial cable, as can be seen via the CS2004 help page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 .

However, if you have signed up for  https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream  then the TV services would be via the internet and thus not need to be connected to the white coaxial.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I have the Maxit TV package, recently upgraded my broadband, from M200 to M350 so as to have the TV.

roy247
Community elder

@Ian916 wrote:

To clarify:
Do you have to have a coaxial connector from the wall (roof aerial) to the Virgin TV box or will just the ethernet cable work? 
If the ethernet cable alone will work why am I getting this error message and cannot see any TV?

The coax should be from the Virgin wall box that goes to your hub and you should receive a splitter to connect to the 360 box. The Virgin coax doesn't go to the roof aerial.

Every Virgin box requires 2 connection's a coax for live TV and a network connection either by ethernet cable or wifi, unless you have the new stream box.

Thank you, that makes more sense, - instructions were not clear, as they seem to assume that I already had Virgin TV, which I don't. I called up support asking for the splitter and they are sending an engineer. Thanks again.