Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Error CS1010 on TV360 service

Anyone had this issue or knows anything about it by any chance?

Virgin Media are absolutely useless And have no idea. Engineer came and didn’t even know about this box nor did they even keep a spare to swap it in their van. Why did they bother even coming.

101EFC89-771B-4DF9-B71F-8E40C8513973.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error CS1010 on TV360 service

Hi kashiup,

The TV360 is a completely new type of box which is still being tested hence the engineer would not have had a replacement.

Hopefully the engineer, and yourself have checked that all connection cables are secured and finger tight.

I wonder if the settings retrival error is because the box hasn't been activated.

Have you tried calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box?  You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

You could also try  speaking to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that the CS1010 error is indeed caused by the box needing activated as this happened to me when I self-installed.

The advice given above to phone the activation line is the correct advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all the input. Unfortunately after calling activation they tried to activate with no luck. They say the signals are not responding to the box. An engineer is now on the way. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Ernie_C

That's good to know for future reference

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did the engineer fix the issue ok?

Ive had two 360 boxes do this to me now when setting up 😞

Cant get an engineer for a week!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Sorry I thought I responded here. Basically the engineer didn’t need to come afterwards as the back office team of the 360 box remotely done something and it started working. I got a text from Virgin Media to say your issue is fixed and when checking was working. 

The guys I spoke to over the phone sent the issue to the ‘second line team’ and they fixed it within 24 hours. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had same problem yesterday left the box on overnight it was up and running next morning apparently it just needed activating. The email I got about the delivery of the box said it would automatically activate on day five after delivery which was the same day I set it up. So my advice is to leave the set up until day five after delivery set it up switch it on you don’t need the tv on and next morning it should be up and running.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had the Engineer out on Monday and it transpires that as i was missing a remote with the new 360 equipment they sent me out a new 360 box. Unfortunately this meant i had two v6 boxes and three 360 v6 boxes on my account which were all active so the 360 boxes were trying to update from the standard v6 box settings.

As soon as he removed the two old v6 boxes and one 360 box the settings downloaded straight away.

As per the op if you get through to support make sure it goes to the second line support as this could have all been sorted straight away without me waiting a week.

Thank God this stuff works well once its setup because the telephone support is terrible.

0 Kudos