cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit to sort no UHD movies or sports

Donnieb3007
Tuning in

I have just come off the phone to customer services, my installation of the ultimate Volt package was yesterday.  When I ordered I was told I would get all sports and movies in UHD but when I try to watch an on demand movie in UHD I am asked to subscribe, and I can't see any sky sports UHD option.

I called Customer services to help with this and they said an engineer needs to come out to resolve this, I can't understand this, surely this doesn't need a an engineer visit to resolve?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media carries the BT Sports Ultimate UHD channel on Channel 531, but all the UHD movies are via OnDemand not as linear broadcast channels. Sky Sports is "only" carried in HD.

Also the Ultimate Volt package stopped including the UHD-VoD addon since Nov 1st, that is now chargeable. Do you have any proof of what you were told by the salesperson, as that could be critical here.

I suspect the CS agent you spoke to has misunderstood the situation, although you are correct to assume the tech visit will be a waste for this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Donnieb3007 

An engineer can't resolve this.

VM's Ultimate Oomph (now obsolete)  and  Ultimate Volt packages used to inlcude  as standard an add on called Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD

This has no longer beeen available as standard since November 1st.

It is now only available as a £6 per month add on for new customers, or those regrading/recontracting.

The info below from the TV sub section towards the very bottom of the page on https://www.virginmedia.com/tv shows 

Sky UHD: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD requires a V6 or Virgin TV 360 box and a 4K compatible TV/device with HDCP 2.2. Up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content: based on comparison of HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) versus UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).

£6 a month for customers with Maxit TV packages (Fullhouse/ Bigger Bundle/ Ultimate Oomph/ Ultimate Volt). 30 days’ notice required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick. Prices may increase at any time during the contract.

The only UHD sports channel is BT Ultimate (channel 531)

Sky Sports UHD isn't availaable.

There are sometimes live UHD sports events available on Amazon prime if yuo subscribe to it

If subscribing to the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD add on then  you will be able to some Sky Cinema UHD movies (currently 300 titles) plus various boxsets and programs from Sky channels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for this, another call to customer services then, I've been mis-sold the product I think as I was promised the UHD part when I signed up on 9 November.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have 14days cooling-off as a matter of course.

Anything else would depend what proof you have, of what you were offered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks