Menu
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit required - to cable in 2nd TV box

So took advantage of the Ultimate package.

Have broadband issues, but that is on another post.

1st TV - upgraded box and all working as expected.

Was advised when I ordered that I do not need an engineer to install 2nd box.

Well, not sure how that works, as it needs cabling back to the main junction box thingie......

And there seems to be no way to book one, so not what what to do or how to get it working ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer visit required - to cable in 2nd TV box

If the location where you want the second box installed, doesn't have a working coax connection point then it will need a manned install.

At the moment, VM are only booking home visits for what are deemed "essential" works or fault-fixes - and additional boxes aren't classed as either and this sort of work is currently on-hold.

Quoting from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update ... "Where QuickStart is unavailable, we’re still installing Virgin TV boxes for new customers, but for now we won’t install any extra TV boxes to minimise our technicians’ time in customers’ homes. Customers will receive a £10 monthly bill credit until we can safely complete their order"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information.

How do I organise the credit, and later the engineer visit ?

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @williamleggatt,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear of this problem you're having with the installation a second box. Was moving to the Ultimate Oomph bundle as part of an upgrade, or are you a brand new Virgin Media customer?

I can see on the other thread that you made regarding your broadband services that you've marked as a Helpful Answer that you've been advised to call and discuss matters with the team. Let us know if you've been able to discuss this matter with them during the call too, and if you require further assistance we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was part of an upgrade - does it make a difference to the level of support offered  ?

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @williamleggatt,

Thank you for expanding.

Did you have just the one TV box in your previous package, with the additional box being a part of the upgrade?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
williamleggatt
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @williamleggatt,

Thank you for confirming that for me.

As shared by @japitts earlier in this thread, I'm afraid for the moment that we're putting non-essential engineer visits on hold for the foreseeable to keep everyone as safe as possible.

You can read more about this here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos