Any news on update fix for v6 boxes , a timeline would be nice 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Embarrassing mess

It really doesn’t help when you create so many threads.

Stick to one so everyone can understand your beef.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not only my beef , massive cost and no fix update maybe it would be better if you actually did something about it rather than act like forum police .

I take it from your comment theeebis no fix imminent ?

0 Kudos
nawilson298
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Its a shame that no one is taking any responsibility for this half baked, rush job of a rollout.  Virgin Media is years behind Sky when it comes to TV.  The V6 box is out of date and slow and should be replaced with newer technology rather than using software updates.

Rolling this out during a global pandemic is a mistake as there is not enough staff to give support and it has put undue pressure on the staff that are working hard to support customers at this time.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They are still gathering information from logs and diagnostics. Yes it is not only you with the issue, I am affected as ore lots of other people, but creating all these  new threads every other day or so  saying the same thing doesn't help anyone, its not going to fix it any quicker, keep it all on one thread its easier and better  for every one. I am getting updates from BlueLou every day and if there is any further progress I will update you all.  

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moderators can you merge all the 4.28 bug threads into one to make life easier for everyone instead of getting answers all other the place ?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree prob wasn't the best time to release and maybe the software should not be pushed until bugs are fixed and maybe more functionality was added to bring it closer inline with what we had. It is what it is and hopefully they can get these things sorted 

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have been in touch with some guy from Virgin on Twitter and he asked me to send him pics and videos of problems and screen shots of conversations of the complete lack of knowledge and feedback from the so called staff on here .

He was quite shocked to be honest and he has apologised on there behalf , hopefully for everyone paying a small fortune for a service that is not fit for purpose the issue will soon be resolved .

Fox35
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is an Embarrassing mess let alone a shambles of a disaster from the offset!

I have now give up and will be moving away from Virgin next week, ready for the Christams tv period, after my bill is paid. Sky would never of allowed this mess to occur, VM is amateurish in comparison.

The main beef apart from the failed and faulty upgrades, is the total ignorance of the problem from VM and their badly trained employees. No-one in the company is addressing the issues or even acknowledging it, us customers are just left to guess and try find solutions on here. What type of business plan or customer service is that?

Virgin Media days as a premium pay tv supplier in the UK are numbered. Its not the 1990s anymore, people can get better OTT content, hardware, and service elsewhere and far cheaper without long contracts!

Virgin Media will die unless it transforms.

I am switching to the new Humax Aura box with the added new 4K Firestick and optional Now TV for premium content and my current Roku.

I have told all my family and friends about my 360 experience and recommended them not to take it.

20+ years with cable, but loyalty mean nothing to them.

Gary06028
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

well said all the so called help are worried about on here is don’t post so many messages , forgetting I am okay dosing it because I want this mess fixed and not because I’m bored , Clowns