cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Series Link & Streaming

SMaster
On our wavelength

Hi 

I have two 360 boxes with a third awaiting update. Can I ask some questions?

1. How the heck can I edit a series link? I want to change the host box recording. SURELY I don’t have to delete and re-create?!

2. If we record to both boxes, will it actually do it?  

3. One box streams to the other and the VM go app. But the other steady fast refuses! Error code CS2217 (hence q2 above).

Any help would be gratefully received. 

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What you have to remember if you migrate to V360 with existing V6 boxes is that the firmware was designed to only operate with one hard disk. The facility to record on both is there as an initial perk, & when one of the boxes fails it will be replaced by a diskless mini box.

I don't have 360, but from the posts I have read you can't record the same programme to both boxes at the same time.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SMaster
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for replying. You can record to both boxes! it’s been vital as we still can’t view recordings from one specific box to the other. That is box 1 won’t stream to box 2 (or the app) however box 2 WILL stream to box 1 and the App. Weird right?!

And I’ll take mini boxes over my cold dead body! 😉

@nodrogd wrote:

What you have to remember if you migrate to V360 with existing V6 boxes is that the firmware was designed to only operate with one hard disk. The facility to record on both is there as an initial perk, & when one of the boxes fails it will be replaced by a diskless mini box.

I don't have 360, but from the posts I have read you can't record the same programme to both boxes at the same time.

Have you got any evidence of the above claim that it will be replaced with a mini box?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's standard practice with TV360, that your primary box is a master and additional slave boxes are minis.

There is mitigation when you convert multiple V6's, that they all retain the HDD - but there have been users on this forum who've had additional TV360-masters fault replaced with TV360-minis.

I'm sure there's been posts from VM staff confirming this is BAU.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@japitts wrote:

It's standard practice with TV360, that your primary box is a master and additional slave boxes are minis.

There is mitigation when you convert multiple V6's, that they all retain the HDD - but there have been users on this forum who've had additional TV360-masters fault replaced with TV360-minis.

I'm sure there's been posts from VM staff confirming this is BAU.

I'd be demanding a HDD box if replacing for a fault.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's great in theory, but if VM policy is to replace additional TV360 with minis, you may be on a hiding to nothing in reality.

@japitts wrote:

That's great in theory, but if VM policy is to replace additional TV360 with minis, you may be on a hiding to nothing in reality.

In reality it should be easy.

@shawty1984 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

So if you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes what does your contract now say, 2 360 boxes or a 360 and mini box.

@roy247 wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@japitts wrote:

So if you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes what does your contract now say, 2 360 boxes or a 360 and mini box.

Same as it did before but instead of V6 it says 360. Additional TV box is the second box which it has always said for two recordable boxes.