Menu
CrazyTom2k2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade to V6 from TV360

Hi there!

I've been with VM for a year, although I've had a TV package with you guys for about 6-7 months.

When I signed up, I got given the Virgin TV360 service (as opposed to the V6/TiVo service that all of my family members use).

Comparing the 2, I found TV360 to be a significant downgrade to the experience that the V6/TiVo service gives you.

I really want to switch to V6 if possible - I've been told on the phone that this is something Virgin offer, was wondering if anyone could advise here?

I don't like TV360, and it's a buggy mess. Not only is it not fit for purpose, but the software also seems to break the HDMI ARC connection between my LG TV and Sony Home Theatre system.

Wish I'd been given the choice when I signed up for the TV package. Man.

Best wishes,

Tom 🙂

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
deans6571
Wise owl
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade to V6 from TV360

@CrazyTom2k2 wrote:

Hi there!

I've been with VM for a year, although I've had a TV package with you guys for about 6-7 months.

When I signed up, I got given the Virgin TV360 service (as opposed to the V6/TiVo service that all of my family members use).

Comparing the 2, I found TV360 to be a significant downgrade to the experience that the V6/TiVo service gives you.

I really want to switch to V6 if possible - I've been told on the phone that this is something Virgin offer, was wondering if anyone could advise here?

I don't like TV360, and it's a buggy mess. Not only is it not fit for purpose, but the software also seems to break the HDMI ARC connection between my LG TV and Sony Home Theatre system.

Wish I'd been given the choice when I signed up for the TV package. Man.

Best wishes,

Tom 🙂

....I'm afraid switching from V6 TiVo to V6 360 is a one way trip - once you switch, there's no going back (you've been advised wrongly if they said you could switch back).

Up to speed
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Moving over to 360 from V6 is a one way street and if you never had virgin media before then 360 is the new default.

If your having specific issues I’m sure one of the forum team will be along to look into it.

CrazyTom2k2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your responses guys - a bit disappointed that there's no way back, but it's one of those things.

I'm sure TV360'll get better as it matures more. Would have loved the choice when I first signed up, but completely get that Virgin are trying to push their new service.

0 Kudos
stevemorgan
Up to speed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TiVo is a product externally licensed from Virgin Media’s parent company whereas 360 (aka Horizon) is an in house system which they have full control over.

FWIW My household find 360 night and day from TiVo and and the new system is far better compared to the clunky loaded menus of the past.

Pop your gripes on here and it is all fed back up the line. 

deans6571
Wise owl
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@stevemorgan wrote:

FWIW My household find 360 night and day from TiVo and and the new system is far better compared to the clunky loaded menus of the past.

...100% agree 👍🏼

Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Okay, here are my main gripes with TV360.

• The app range seems to be a LOT more limited than TiVo's 
  • I can't seem to get All 4 on TV360
  • Don't know whether this is HW or SW related, but again, I seem to be having HDMI ARC issues which often get resolved by unplugging the Virgin box and plugging it back in. Not the end of the world, but pretty inconvenient.
  • Virgin TV Go appears to be somewhat gimped - the majority of the shows I watch must be viewed on the box.
  • The Power Indicator on the TV360 box doesn't seem to work properly. Indicator will sometimes light up, however it usually stays off. Again, not a biggie, but it's confusing as I can't tell what state the box is in!
  • The interface on the box is also relatively laggy.

If anyone's got any tips on how I can fix these, please let me know. Thanks for the help you've given me, it's greatly appreciated! 🙂

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

On the All-4 point, you're right - that's not currently available on the 360 platform. You get the same VoD assets as everyone else, but the C4-branded app is currently V6-only.

As others have pointed out, existing TiVo/V6 customers can remain on the platform for now and there is no compulsory migration. New installs don't get a choice. There are substantial differences between the two, and if I had a pound for every time "which is better" comes up....

Disclaimer: I use a V6 and am not the only VIP-user to do so. But other VIPs are on 360 - a bit like the user-base and forum-community, really.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @CrazyTom2k2 

Welcome aboard the 360 express train to madness.

All4 isn't an app in it's own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.

All4 and MTV Play should shortly be available on TV 360.

I don't use speakers or soundbars however several users advise :-

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert. You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.
If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

There are a few issues currently affecting TVGO however any programs you would have normally been able to watch  via the TV Control app when you had a V6 should still be available using TVGO.

The power indicator may be due to your 360 box settings.

I'm on Fast Start and my 360 light is amber.

With the Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

I actually find the interface a lot faster than the V6, but it does take a couple of weeks to get used to the differences.

There's  a handy page that will answer most of your 360 queries 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

If you do need help with anything that isn't covered there then plenty of people on the forums are here to support you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi CrazyTom2k2

It looks like everything has been covered already 

But if we can help with anything else at, please let us know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos