cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Ultimate Oomph bundle need renaming?

Topgun
Dialled in

I can't help thinking, that due to recent changes, perhaps the Ultimate Oomph package needs renaming. I would suggest it be split into two separate packages, called something like:-

1/ The Ultimate Oomph for newbies everything included for a very low price in order to suck you in but wait until you come to renewal time and see how our attitude changes towards you package.

2/ The Ultimate Oomph for long standing loyal customers who thought they were paying top dollar for the top package only to discover if they wanted to stay on the top package and get Sky Movies in 4k they were going to get stung for an extra £6 per month not to mention Sky Sports in 4k which was promised in 2020 so is at least 7 months late or perhaps 19 months late depending on your point of view which if it does ever arrive we'll probably try and shaft you for another £6 per month for that just because we can package.

They would be my suggestions, possibly slightly too wordy but what do others think? 🤔

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Topgun

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're unhappy with the account. We don't deal with package changes here via the forums. Please either give us a call on 150 free of charge from any Virgin Media phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other. 

Or send us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It appears the"Ultimate Oomph" package is only complete if you are a new customer but if you are an existing customer then they want extra cash from you for uhd sky or 1 gig broadband. These are both included as part of the "Ultimate Oomph" package at no extra charge if you are a new customer, bizarre!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Koolmacher 

Please can you provide a link to show Ultimate Oomph now includes Gig1 for new customers?

As far as I can see the Ultimate oomph package is still advertising M600 not Gig1

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/packages 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

When you input your details into the checker and if it's available it offers you 600mb or 1 gig at the same price

Screenshot_20210814-140507.png

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That picture has nothing to do with the ultimate oomph package.  

It doesn't show M600, it shows M500 for the same price as Gig1 which is even more of a disparity 🤕

EDIT  Also looking at that photo it seems there may be either a speed regrade coming, or a special offer for the next speed up ie M350 to M500

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If you are in an area that has 600mb this replaces 500mb if you are also in an area where 1 gig is now available this will be offered at no extra cost over 600mb....

Just to clarify: Gig1 is offered only to broadband customers (and those who choose 5GB SIM as well get it at no cost but those choosing landline have to pay for it), whilst Ultimate Oomph Customers are offered M600 and no more. I dare say that UO customers may be offered Gig1 from 2022 as the entire network should then have been upgraded to DOCSIS 3.1.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection