Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does the 360 box handle watershed PIN better?

On my V6 boxes one thing that really iiritates me is the fact that I keep having to enter the PIN to playback recordings during the day even when I have the parental controls off and am watching a programme that quite clearly isn't adult rated anyway eg last night watching George Clarke Ugly House to lovely house at about 7 pm and being asked to enter the pin!

Does the 360 handle this any better?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does the 360 box handle watershed PIN better?

I’m afraid you will have to put up with the irritation. Mandatory Daytime Protection, as OFCOM has labelled it, is here to stay. In fact it is already being extended from the Sky Cinema channels to other channels that want to show programmes out of watershed

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate that things rated 15 and above need to have a PIN due to OFCOM but in the example I quoted it's just a property show so why do I need a PIN to be entered for that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi smartn,

If you use the All4 app you don't need a PIN to watch Ugly House, however you do need to sit through adverts prior to the show starting

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recordings from channels other than Sky Cinema, Sky Documentaries and Sky Comedy shouldn't prompt for a PIN if you've got it turned off in Parental Controls. It's only those broadcast channels that have a mandatory PIN.

Shows from Virgin On Demand linked in My Shows will still prompt for the PIN outside of watershed hours as that is mandated by OFCOM
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own