cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know the killer Virgin TV 360 feature?

klynchk
Up to speed

I switched to Virgin TV 360 and was never very happy with it. No smart search by actor/director, no recycle bin to fish deleted programs from.

I'd previously tried the voice feature and was very impressed at how accurate the voice recognition was. I didn't see any real use for it.

The other day I saw this Sun news story on my phone

People are just noticing Sky TV hack you’ve missed for years – and it’s so handy 

and I thought "Why can't my Virgin TV 360 do the same?" and of course it can.

So now when a program goes to a break - I just hit the mic button and say "skip forward four minutes 20 seconds" 

It only works for programmes playing on the box, not the streaming apps. Still it's pretty good.

Say it, see it. Discover how to quickly find a programme, open apps like BBC iPlayer or hop to a cha...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ttt3
On our wavelength

Nice. So can Virgin fast forward rewind pause and record a whole series?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

banhamm
Up to speed

It's a great feature and you do start to learn how long a break is in a certain series so you can the instruct the 360 to skip perfectly, e.g. The Great British Bake Off is four minutes exactly for a break whereas Sky Arts Portrait Artist Of The Year varies between three and over four minutes.

Obviously, I have now revealed the viewing quality threshold in my house!

Best keep this feature quiet though else the advertisers will be withdrawing their funding!😁

ttt3
On our wavelength

Nice. So can Virgin fast forward rewind pause and record a whole series?

Yes