cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I really need to upgrade to 360 on the specified day?

MatW
Tuning in

I just got a new contract and as part of this I've been sent a new remote to upgrade to 360. The chap I spoke to told me I had to do this on a specific day otherwise it would be a £25 charge.

From what I read here, I'd prefer to hold onto the old software and remote until absolutely necessary to change. So my question is, do I really have to make the switch on the specified day or can I wait until some future change when (if necessary) I'm required to pay, or it just happens for free?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MatW 

I've never heard of having to wait till a specific date to perform the upgrade or you'll be charged for the remote.

The box  will update itself after 5 days after receiving the equipment if you haven't already performed the upgrade,  as shown in point 2 in the screenshot below.

I had to pay the fee for the remote when I upgraded, however some people have received the remote control free of charge.

You should be able to og into My Virgin Media at teh top of the page and check your new contract to see if the charge will be applied.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MatW 

I've never heard of having to wait till a specific date to perform the upgrade or you'll be charged for the remote.

The box  will update itself after 5 days after receiving the equipment if you haven't already performed the upgrade,  as shown in point 2 in the screenshot below.

I had to pay the fee for the remote when I upgraded, however some people have received the remote control free of charge.

You should be able to og into My Virgin Media at teh top of the page and check your new contract to see if the charge will be applied.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks - that's very helpful. The box  does indeed say that about the automatic upgrade - I didn't notice as I opened it during a work Zoom so was distracted!