Menu
Vicsg
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Disney plus

Can someone clear something up for me? Is there a way of getting it on this box

Just to give you the back story - earlier this week I realised that what we were currently paying more for our old Tivo  and basic broadband than we could get sky for so I rang virgin and a very helpful guy told me it that we should have done what you do with a mobile and that's basically renew the contract to get better deals etc (I've been a customer for over 10 years!!)

So he talked me through the options and I went for the 360 tv and better broadband speed - which we have installed and have now got on

Now one of the questions I specifically asked him was could we get Disney plus - he put me on hold and came back and said YES 

It seems I may have been lied to to get a sale and I am really annoyed about this as I could have got skyq a lot cheaper and now I locked into an 18 month contract so before I take this further I just want to double check I haven't missed something on this box.......

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disney plus

Nope there is no Disney+ on 360 box, sounds like they've tried to be smart by using broadband as an excuse.

You have a cooling off period to return the package if your not happy, as someone who just switched from Virgin's 360 to SkyQ is highly recommended.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Vicsg
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Matt

I just can't believe they would lie like that and it's not that I misunderstood because I said "so I can stream disney plus on it" to which he replied yes again! My husband heard me and gave me the thumbs up

As you've just switched Matt, what did you do about your emails?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've never had my emails with Virgin Media, always used my own email service.

Might be worth setting up a new email address and sending it on to your important contacts.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There keep being noises made that it is coming. The same goes for Sky UHD, for which a deal was signed some time ago.

One thing that always seems to be the case is that things in the VM world don’t happen in a hurry.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/new-virgin-tv-360-set-top-box-will-finally-add-disney-plus-to-the-... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

There keep being noises made that it is coming. The same goes for Sky UHD, for which a deal was signed some time ago.

One thing that always seems to be the case is that things in the VM world don’t happen in a hurry.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/new-virgin-tv-360-set-top-box-will-finally-add-disney-plus-to-the-... 

Virgin does show UHD content from Sky already.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

Virgin does show UHD content from Sky already.

But not the live Sky Sports UHD content that was promised back in 2019.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bfptaylor
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi could you confirm what Sky UHD stuff? I’ve seen the odd bits from sky nature on the UHD channel but nothing much else. I’m hoping I’ve missed it as I’m craving more UHD. 

it looks like there’s a labelling issue as the UHD channel says the program is only HD. Same with the by sport channel. But there’s sky movies that say 4K but it’s clear are not??

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The only UHD stuff I've seen via Virgin is that same you've seen from Sky Nature.

0 Kudos