cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between V6 and the 360?

Marble
Tuning in

I'm using the V6 model. What is the 360 and how does it work? Is it better than the V6? What are the benefits or cons?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marble 

Further to japitts post, this thread also explains some of the differences. 360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/ 

You might also find this page useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

leicesterfan
On our wavelength

Don't do it!

Why not?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, there's pictures of the 3 VM TV boxes here - the TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software, the V6 & 360 are the same physical box hardware but 360 runs  completely different software platform.

With that in mind - forget everything you know about TiVo and consider 360 as completely different. The user interface is different - clearly newer. While both boxes are "recording set top boxes" with access to VM's OnDemand services, the way they go about things is different.

360 has some newer functions such as recording profiles & voice control, but does a few other things differently. Some TiVo-functionality such as series-linking, is a lot simpler in 360 and doesn't currently offer as many variables & tweaks. There's been a few previous threads comparing features and whether the 360 is better or worse than your V6 for you does significantly depend on how you use your box and whether there's any specific features of your V6 you like - and check if the 360 has them, or does that function differently.

A conversion to 360 can't be reverted, so you can't try it out first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marble 

Further to japitts post, this thread also explains some of the differences. 360-Features-v-TIVO-Features/ 

You might also find this page useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you @japitts, interesting to know.

Thanks, @newapollo. I will have a good look at those links.