Menu
BennyDigital
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Deleting apps - How?

Hello guys, could anyone tell me how on earth I remove apps (YouTube) from my V6 box? 

Pin protection would also be an option, thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting apps - How?

Hi BennyDigital,

I'm afraid you can't delete apps, however the info on the following page may be helpful.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-parental-controls 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure it's clear from VM's website help page, so I'll mention it...

You can lock access to some apps (YouTube is one of them) via the parental control menu. Home > Help & Settings > Parental Control > Lock apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BennyDigital
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but there is no option to lock app’s anywhere. Lock channels but not lock app’s. I have searched and searched.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Home > Help & Settings > Parental controls > (enter PIN) > Lock apps & games (4th option down)

BennyDigital
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

9181670E-0C6E-429A-98BC-974E3DE11563.jpeg

0 Kudos
BennyDigital
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After hitting the home button there is no help & settings, just a cog, in there these are the parental control settings.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You don't have a V6, you have a 360. It's the same hardware, but completely different software, and totally changes the answer to this thread. I've moved your post, so will @BennyDigital to make sure you pick this up.

Unfortunately for yourself, the 360 software doesn't currently have the option to PIN-protect or use parental controls on apps.

0 Kudos
BennyDigital
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh my god, thank you so much for clearing that up. I thought I was losing my mind!

So the V6 is the better box? I really need to block YouTube.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'll be diplomatic and say it's different.

TiVo is the software platform on which the TiVo & V6 boxes run. Horizon is the software platform on which 360 boxes run.

The two are completely different, TiVo has been closed to new TV & broadband customers since 6 months so only TV-only & existing TV customers will be on it. TiVo is a very mature & feature-rich platform, the 360 has a rapid development curve - but does have some new gizmos (voice control & profiles) that TiVo doesn't support.

It's immaterial, because a TiVo/V6 isn't an option open to you. Unless you were to disconnect all VM services, wait 90+ days and then sign up as a TV-only customer to get an (old) TiVo box - something that I suspect isn't overly appealing.

0 Kudos