cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete programme problem

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, not sure if VM have problems again or it's just me. 

I have a main 360 box for recording but watch them on the non recordable box upstairs. I can watch & set recordings on this box fine but at the end of the programme when the banner on the right top comes up to delete, you press & it says deleted, but it just says watched in saved programmes so go to delete again. Sometimes it will delete & sometimes it says unable to do this as it is being watched on another box, which it is not. Try again & it normally deletes. Have factory reset second box & reset all VM equipment but it makes no difference. I don't want to factory reset main box & lose all recordings. Any ideas would be appreciated, Thnx...

35 REPLIES 35

Hi @kjb6372,

Thank you for the update. I'm so sorry to hear that these steps have unfortunately not helped to alleviate the issue.

Would you mind providing a photo of the error message that appears when you attempt to delete a recorded programme/film? To clarify, is this only happening via the mini box?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

kjb6372
On our wavelength

OK, will do .

Thnx

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Picture attached of message coming up when trying to delete on mini box.20230523_170733.jpg

Hi I can relate to this problem too.  I have two mini boxes and it exactly the same problem.  Try all of the above solutions and get the same Message. Its very frustrating and if you get a solution I would love to know as well. 

Thanks

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Still waiting for someone from the forum team to come back after asking for the above picture of the message I keep getting.

Thanks for providing the picture @kjb6372 

Could you clarify if this is happening when trying to delete all recordings?

Can you try deleting on the TV GO app?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kjb6372
On our wavelength

All recordings when watched on the mini box, can take up to 8 tries to delete. Have tried to delete through the app, sometimes it works & sometimes it does not. You have changed the main box, router & mini box but problem comes straight back. Have been through this with several people. What is causing the message & can you fix it..

Just to clarify nothing is being watched on another box..

Hi @kjb6372,

Just to confirm, though I understand from what you've said that the recording isn't being watched at the time you're attempting to delete it, has the recording been in full? For example, if the show is 30 minutes long have all 30 minutes been watched, or is it midway through?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

kjb6372
On our wavelength

I watch a programme in full on the mini box that has been set & recorded on the main box. all recordings delete ok on the main box but can take unto 8 attempts to delete if watched on the mini. As shown above with a message on screen that you asked for. I take it from the timeframe with no real answers nobody has the faintest idea why I am getting this problem...

RoxieStarr
Joining in

Hi, 

I also keep having this problem when trying to delete programmes…. What is going on?! 😳 No-one seems to know..