cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete programme problem

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, not sure if VM have problems again or it's just me. 

I have a main 360 box for recording but watch them on the non recordable box upstairs. I can watch & set recordings on this box fine but at the end of the programme when the banner on the right top comes up to delete, you press & it says deleted, but it just says watched in saved programmes so go to delete again. Sometimes it will delete & sometimes it says unable to do this as it is being watched on another box, which it is not. Try again & it normally deletes. Have factory reset second box & reset all VM equipment but it makes no difference. I don't want to factory reset main box & lose all recordings. Any ideas would be appreciated, Thnx...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us kjb6372, are you able to reboot your main box, it doesn't need a factory reset, just a reboot to see if that can resolve the issues, if not we may need to replace the box.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kjb6372 

Have you tried deleting the stuck recordings using the TV GO app? Navigate to the page with the recording(s) that won't delete, select 'Edit', tick the box and then select 'Delete'

You can factory rest the main box without losing your recordings.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, I have tried deleting from the app, that was a no as well, said the box was not connected, even though it was. will try a factory reset next...

Hi @kjb6372 

Welcome back to the community 

Sorry to hear of your concern when trying to delete your recordings. 

Does this only happen on the mini box or do you get the same error on the main 360 too?

Please let us know if the factory rest option for choosing to keep your recording has helped resolve this issue for you. We'll be able to investigate and support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, it only happens on the mini box. Did a reset on the main box but still getting the message that unable to do this as it is being watched on another box. Messaage pops up about 2 times but deletes on third attempt.Hope this does not mean another new box. Keep losing all my recordings....Thnx..

Thanks for coming back to us kjb6372, are you able to reboot your main box, it doesn't need a factory reset, just a reboot to see if that can resolve the issues, if not we may need to replace the box.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, I have rebooted the main box , the router & the mini several times, reset both box's, still just get unable to delete as this is being played on another box. You say the box will need replacing. Lose all my recordings again...Let me know if you can book or if I have to call. Thnx.....

Hi @kjb6372,

Thank you for the update on this. It's a shame to hear that it sadly hasn't helped resolve this.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @kjb6372,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

kjb6372
On our wavelength

Hi, just a quick update after your PM's. Technician came yesterday & changed mini box & all seemed ok but last night problem was back,just as bad. So main box,router,mini box changed. Any ideas or is it a network problem.

Thnx.